Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Does Vikane Treatment work???

(5 posts)
  1. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 14:26:22
    #

Login to Send PM

We live in a house and have had 3 Heat Treatments done and are $10,000 in.After a year and half free of bed bugs we seen one.Now we are going with a different company..The new company that came out today said the heat treatments didn't work because they allowed us to leave our clothes around everywhere and piled in baskets.Wish I had known that.So this new company we are going through will seal our house up and use Vikane gas...It will cost use $4,500 to get it.That is with $450 on a year warranty.They swore to me it would kill every single bug in my house.I'm just so scared to get this done because everything we have tried so far hasn't worked.Just would be nice to hear someone be able to tell me that it worked for them.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 15:16:57
    #

Login to Send PM

They're lying, or your information is wrong. A year and a half with no bed bugs means that the last treatment worked.
    You'd spend less money if you figure out how they are being reintroduced.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 15:37:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Right I was thinking that also.But we have come up with a plan.No one or anything will be allowed in my house at all.Anytime anyone leaves they will have to strip butt naked outside and out their clothes in a sealed container and washed ASAP...That's including shoes,wallets anything!!!I will then give them a clean towel from inside to come in.Ive got it down on how not to bring them back in the house...My question is is if we have the the Vikane treatment done will it 100% kill every bug?I'm just very scared and don't trust anyone cause I was told the heat treatments were 100% too.We had our first heat treatment and the warranty was for 3 months.4 months after we still had them.So we had to pay for a 2nd year treatment.We were bed bug free for 2 years.Then I see a bug crawling on me.I paid for another heat treatment. That was May 2017...2 nights ago my daughter in law seen one crawling on her bed.It was really thin and you could tell it hadnt eatin in a long while.So I'm just so scared to trust anything.I am aware that maybe my kids are bringing them back in.But Ive also heard of a lot of bugs hiding to the very outer wall of the house after a heat treatment and them staying there for months.So just want to know that the Vikane will really work and then I will make sure no one or nothing comes in my house EVER!!Thank you Big Dummy for getting back with me.I always see you in here helping everyone.That's is so sweet of you.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 16:31:53
    #

Login to Send PM

The bed bugs hiding on the outer wall for months is complete bullshit, if given the opportunity bed bugs will feed.
    They're not capable of higher thinking, and you're not thinking this through clearly and logically.
    No treatment, no matter how good or how expensive will work if you keep reintroducing them to your home.
    That plan of stopping everything at the door is terrible, that's just going to cause family members to lie and sneak around, it's unenforceable and unrealistic. Monitoring is much less invasive and won't scare the UPS guy.

5. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 17:17:18
    #

Login to Send PM

You seem to know a lot about these.I thought I did too but obviously not.I'm wore out.I can't sleep,I can't eat,I can't quit crying And I'm depressed...I dont know what to do...What would you suggest I do?As far as the kids sneaking around well ya your right about that.I think that's how we may have gotten them back.My son and daughter in law have been going in their friends apartment and lieing to me about it.I asked them not to go in anyones house and if they did then I needed them to strip out back.They didnt listen to me and lied to me.Thier room is where the bug was found.The only bug we have seen in 14 months.What would you suggest I do?How do I monitor it?Is Crossfire really as good as everyone says it is.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,523 posts in 46,598 topics over 142 months by 20,553 of 21,419 members. Latest: pestbreaker, TRAY, tjg