Does this sound like bed bugs??

(4 posts)
  1. ash12325

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 31 2017 16:03:33
    #

Login to Send PM

My boyfriend had bed bugs before at his house but they fumigated it and since then there's not been any signs at his house. He used to come and go from house but he would make sure to dry his stuff. This was about four months ago. I've been so paranoid about him having brought them to my house but I have never seen any signs of anything and I inspect every single day. No one at my house has had any bites at all. However, just right now there was a bite on my jaw and it itches really bad. It looked like a mosquito bite. So, does this sound like bed bugs?? And if I had them at my house, would I already have seen signs of them???

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 31 2017 16:22:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey!

So, there's no real way to know based on bites. You have to look for the decals, cast skins, live/dead bugs, eggs... and, from what I've gathered on here, after 4 months, you would see some sort of signs.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  3. ash12325

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 31 2017 20:54:54
    #

Login to Send PM

psychologically_messed_up - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hey!
    So, there's no real way to know based on bites. You have to look for the decals, cast skins, live/dead bugs, eggs... and, from what I've gathered on here, after 4 months, you would see some sort of signs.

Thank you for your reply! I've just been paranoid about every single little thing.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 9:46:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Mosquito does seem more likely.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,685 posts in 50,015 topics over 155 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me