Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Does this look like fecal stains on wood?

(4 posts)
  1. buggydreams

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Nov 3 2010 20:06:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been kind of paranoid about bed bugs lately because I've seen a few mattresses out by the curb with the distinctive stains. My own mattress is already encased, so I'm not worried about that. But these stains on the wood in my closet look suspicious.

photos here

Does this look like bed bug fecal matter?

I haven't found any bugs or cast skins. I find a bite or two every now and then, but nothing too alarming. Am I being overly paranoid? Or does this look like something to worry about?

2. bushbugg

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Nov 3 2010 21:40:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I cant tell. It could be but they look a little too large. The spots on the paint look theyve been bleached by the paint, which doesnt make sense I think.

Could you post a re-pic of one of those with a size indicator, like a pencil?

3. buggydreams

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Nov 3 2010 22:30:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, I added a few more photos to the same album--one with a pencil and two that might be a little bit clearer. If it helps to know the texture, it looks like whatever it is has either soaked into the wood or eaten into it in some places--none of the marks are protrusions.

4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Nov 3 2010 23:23:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Not fecal traces from Bed bugs. Looks more like paint stain splatter.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,406 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams