Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Does cimexa damage furniture and electrical outlets?

(3 posts)
  1. micachica

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat May 26 2018 21:39:15
    #

Login to Send PM

As I’ve been battling bed bugs with a PCO for over a year I’ve had repeated applications of cimexa. Recently my new PCO was vacuuming up previous dust and dead bugs and half of the power shut off to my apt. We reset the breakers and most of the outlets started working again. One outlet doesn’t work anymore. Would cimexa placed inside outlets dry out the wires over time causing the outlets to not work? Also most of my furniture has a nice layer of cimexa on or in it too. Would the drying aspect of cimexa damage furniture over time? My metal bed frame is so creaky and loud now after a year of treatments. I have hard wood floors in one room that bugs keep reappearing (not a bedroom but a dressing room of sorts that shares a wall and outlet with the wall in bedroom that the bed sits against, or used to before I isolated the bed) in desperation my PCO sprayed a residual pesticide all over the entire floor which I haven’t mopped up in 2 months. I’m worried I’ll have to replace or refinish the floor because of this. It seems that the cimexa is causing some damage but I can’t find any evidence online that other people experience these issues too. It could just be a bizarre series of coincidences but it seems possible a drying agent could damage furniture and such.

2. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat May 26 2018 23:37:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Is the PCO being provided by the landlord?
    Pest control is often their responsibility.
    If yes, I wouldn't worry about the floors but maybe tell the landlord.
    It's very unlikely cimexa damaged the electrical outlet.
    Maybe after 50 years of being there unused.
    I have no idea about the furniture.
    I don't think it would harm painted or stained stuff but I'm guessing.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu May 31 2018 9:36:36
    #

Login to Send PM

The vacuum tripped the breaker. It's possible that there's a GFCI outlet somewhere that you missed and the one outlet is on the load side of that GFCI.
    Check the tension on the outlet, things do wear out over time. If the plug is loose in the outlet it's time to replace it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,636 posts in 50,004 topics over 154 months by 21,866 of 22,347 members. Latest: gingerstelpa, jaa5108, fightingback