(2 posts)
  1. Issabug

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Apr 26 2019 20:46:54
    #

Login to Send PM

EDIT: Going to borrow a college microscope to get some better pictures

Hello, like many others here I'm trying to determine if this bug I found is a bed bug

I found two on my keyboard during the daytime, I work from home and my desk is in my bedroom. All images are of the larger bug, captured with a 10x magnifier and my phone cranked to maximum magnification. Apologies, but that's all the tools I had.

Images can be zoomed in quite a bit to get the maximum effect. I also lack cropping abilities, sorry.

Note the two black stumps emerging from the butt. I'm hoping these mean it's not a bed bug. The ends of the legs are also black tipped. The larger bug is about 1.3 mm, the smaller about .9 mm.

Full album is at https://imgur.com/a/5BYhaYZ, selected images below.

Note the black butt stumps.

This picture is the most crisp.

A good head shot.

Here's hoping it's not bed bugs. Thanks in advance for any help with identifying.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Sat Apr 27 2019 4:59:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Great clear image, 100% not bedbugs.

I fairly certain it’s an aphid or close relative.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,302 posts in 50,165 topics over 155 months by 21,927 of 22,425 members. Latest: xterra888, MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies