Do you think I should move??

(2 posts)
  1. crazylittledaisy

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Aug 7 2009 16:40:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I've had three treatments so far (the first was on June 30th), and bite free for about 2 nights now... My landlord has been responsive, but I do know that there are several other apartments in the building with the problem, though they didn't really want to reveal which. I know my downstairs neighbor who had the problem has moved out (cos I don't hear his singing anymore...:))

Now, I'm not sure how big my infestation is/was (Hopefully was) but it was quite difficult to find them (they found them after overturning my captain's bed)...My lease is up the end of August, and I am considering moving. I don't really want to (tired) but listening to others with repeat problems and living out of bags for months doesn't sound like something I wanna deal with. (I have a tiny studio so I have to literally walk over my bags to get from the front door to the bed/office area..sigh..)

All my furniture has been treated already, but if I move, I'll probably just take my precious desk (inspect it carefully), and either packtite or put the rest of the stuff in storage for 18 months...Is it better to get out now? What if they come back via the other apts? Or worse, are hiding here still? Or....am I just being paranoid?? That it is possible that treatment can be successful enough that I don't have to worry about living out of bags for much longer.. (i had some sort of chemical treatment)

I can't sleep well cos I am worried sick they will bite me again. Last night, I had a dream about Packtites and bugs...:) (i've been trying to decide if I can afford one...)

2. sweetblood

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Aug 7 2009 17:56:17
    #

Login to Send PM

i'm sure many people will tell you to stay put and not risk moving the problem with you, but if you go through all of this in vain just to pick it up again in your current space, then it probably feels right to move.

i am moving for a number of reasons and the bed bugs were the last minute icing on the cake. overall, i feel that i will have more peace living elsewhere. especially since the place i'm moving to is a stand alone house with no immediate neighbors to worry about affecting or picking up bugs from.

i think it can be a tough choice but in the end, if youre pretty confident that you'll leave bug free, go for it. i think i made the right decision and its time for some change anyway. it could be a good thing for you

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,904 posts in 50,059 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,370 members. Latest: Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019, aims6186