do you get bruising from your bites

(21 posts)
  1. novella

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 21 2012 21:56:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I noticed some small bruises when this just started happenning to me a few weeks ago on my legs small o nes. This week I saw a huge bruise on the upper part of my leg with a few red dots. This is what is left sometimes , this red dot.

has anyone experienced bruising

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 21 2012 22:28:30
    #

Login to Send PM

You might get information from the link below, which details reactions to bites. I get bruising only with spider bites. It may not be related and it is hard to diagnose bites.

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/bite-primer-information-on-bites-and-reactions

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. Koebner

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jul 22 2012 5:02:35
    #

Login to Send PM

It seems highly unlikely that BB bites cause bruising. I'd add a caveat about blood clotting there - if you clot badly & bruise round all wounds, it might not be a surprise if a BB bite caused a bruise, but I've yet to see evidence that even people on anti-clotting agents like warfarin have bruising problems with BB bites

We all pick up little mystery scrapes & knocks as part of everday life, but whilst we're on BB alert, we notice them far more than we would otherwise. Even if you have BBs, not all marks on your skin will be associated with BBs.

4. novella

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jul 22 2012 5:54:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you

I don't bruise easily at all. This only happened when I discovered the white bugs on my bed and I have been getting some red dots with rashes and last week I got this big bruise with red dots around it.

Yesterday, I got some red dots with scratching and even when I came home. These tiny read dots are a dark red just zize of a pin

5. Koebner

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jul 22 2012 6:21:20
    #

Login to Send PM

As theyareoutthere suggests, you really need to read the bite primer. There's a lot of misinformation & confusions about BBs out there, especially about bites.

6. novella

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jul 22 2012 15:50:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you . I am going to see a dermatologist. I don't know if he will help.

I feel so frustrted and depressed. I am getting bitten for the past two weeks. I get rashes, bruises as well. I wake up in the mriongin or even may get it later at work.

Today I was out all day. I come in to my place and I am scratching and getting some rash.

It's just too frustrating for me.

Landlord said bed bugs after I showed samples. Pest control comes during the day and says he found none and does nto think I have .

7. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jul 22 2012 15:52:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you post pictures of the samples (I forgot if you still have them)?

I have skin allergies...you may find that vacuuming and being very diligent about washingout only in allergy friendly wash helps. We can suddenly develop skin allergies.

8. AshamedandScratching

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jul 23 2012 14:26:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I got "bruising" on my ankles. They turned yellow and purple and splotchy. They also leaked clear fluid. I have really bad endema in the summer so that seems to be a factor. A particularly nasty set on my back continued to bleed/leak clear fluid for several days.

I will say that there's no set response to bites. For me it varied spot to spot, by when it occurred in the infestation, and how sweaty I was at the time. My skin is senstive and reacty due to eczema as well.

9. bugsinbrooklyn13

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jul 23 2012 15:31:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I have 'marks' from my bites...I know where they were, so I can still see the spots. Almost like a bruise, but more of a scarring? (I didn't scratch either)

10. novella

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jul 23 2012 22:42:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I have pictures but don't know how to post.

I got severe bruising on my leg , like I banged myself and I know I did not. It's the size of a looney.

Sometimes, I feel I developing a rash then it disappears. Like right now , I have it on my finger after I scratched. It's as if it's a mosquito bite. Hopefully it disappears on me .

I am wondering if I am also allergic to something as well. I thought tonight I was going to be lucky. It took 3 hours before I reacted and now I am getting a rash and now I don't even know if it's a bite.

I feel like I can't stay in my place anymore . All I did since I came home is go on my computer .

I already had one treatment last week for pest control. How long does it take for these things to disappear. I don't even know if he did a good job. He did not find any. My landlord said I had after I gave sample of dead one. This is just so frustrating. During the day at work sometimes I begin to scratch. This evening right before coming home I was having these scratches and rashes. They then disapppear. Thank you for listening.

11. bugsinbrooklyn13

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jul 24 2012 17:02:12
    #

Login to Send PM

It's frustrating novella. I'm working on our official war strategy after three unsuccessful sprays/DE/washing/bagging...I live(d) (after tonight....LIVED) in a 60 unit building with a horrible landlord, that turned a blind eye. She never told us there were bed bugs on the 6th floor (lived on the 1st for 4 years, no problems) and she knew - just keep fighting!

12. washed-out

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jul 24 2012 18:30:22
    #

Login to Send PM

After having bite-like marks around my ankles for a considerable time which eventually spread up my legs (see post on 'Entomologists comments on black pepper flakes...etc') and after taking the prescribed medication - initially 2 lots of cream, then tablets for a fungal infection,(?) had, after nearly finishing the tablets woken up one morning to bruising around an eye with 'sinusitis type pain' which then disappeared completely in 48 hours. The other eye went through a similar event a short while later, which wouldn't have worried me particularly on its own but I discovered in between these happenings a very large oval shaped dark purple'bruise' about 2-3 inches across, which seemed to feed off a then-new prominent vein on my stomach, -totally unexpectedly because it is an area you couldn't just walk into something without knowing.
    A visit to the doc resulted in a blood test to see about clotting. Ironically I still have the whopping bruise from him taking blood from my arm 6 weeks ago, and the stomach bruise disappeared in 5 days leaving only a reddish/yellow ring which reminds me of the stuff round my ankles etc. (Clotting result seems ok).
    I am now sleeping with the light on at the end of my bed.
    I hope to be on hol soon and hope that whatever is leaving black flakes in my bed, and, as far as I am concerned, causing bites, -not a fungal spread, will take off for elsewhere, pals and all.
    Any comments?
    Anybody else getting this sort of experience?
    I'd be very pleased to hear how you dealt with it if so. I'd love to get a decent night's sleep. (Does sleeping in a sleeping bag help?)

13. Koebner

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 25 2012 12:05:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Black flakes in bed - Fleas. I'll bet you a pound to a penny. You don't need a pet to get fleas in your home. They're relatively simple to deal with but on no account use a bug bomb.

Bruising, "feeding off vein" etc - very unlikely to be connected. Like I said, just because there's an ectoparasite around, doesn't mean everything is the fault of the ectoparasite.

14. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 25 2012 12:09:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Koebner: Kind of like ex-spouses?

15. Koebner

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 25 2012 12:50:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Nah - it's all their fault.

16. washed-out

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jul 30 2012 18:47:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Can't be my ex then, he left several years ago and I washed the bedding afterwards too, whether it needed it or not.
    Thanks for the reply and it has sort of reassured me that it's not necessarily BBs. I haven't noticed the black flakes for about 3 nights now after spraying my legs and feet with all sorts of birthday presents and making sure the dog doesn't get too close to the bed.
    Hope to report a positive outcome, and thanks again!

17. Hit Girl

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jun 11 2014 12:51:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I know this is an old thread, but I have to comment. You absolutely can get bruises from the bites. Just as many people have no reaction at all to the bites, others may have allergic reactions - which is the case with me. I marked all the red bites (which are extremely painful to me, besides being itchy) with a gel pen and the ink didn't wash off completely. I noticed the spots I marked turning to bruises. At first, I only had tiny bruises from the bites, but now they're slightly smaller than a dime. I'm assuming this is part of the allergic reaction. Side note: I'm thankful that I had an allergic reaction right away and looked up possible causes for the "rash" online. When I saw pictures of the bed bug bites, I knew immediately that's what it was. My husband, on the other hand, had little or no reaction at all. (He wears a CPAP, so maybe he's harder for them to find.)

18. jj1961

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Feb 5 2016 16:39:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I realize this thread is now 3 years old, but just came across it when I did a google search for bruising from bed bug bites. I am with almost 100% certainty that bed bugs do cause bruising despite what some experts might say, keeping in mind that not everyone responds the same to bites and that we are almost 50 years behind in scientific research on these bugs in the entomology field, and way more behind in the medical field.

In my case, I stared with the traditional red small welts and then have proceeded to get itchy bites that are bruised. This situation caused a lot of stress and resulted in me not eating much, and not taking my daily vitamins. I tested low on iron levels and I am now starting iron supplements. I realize that bed bugs don't typically consume as much blood as a mosquito, but I have to think that the number of feedings that occur can lead to anemia as has been documented and bruising is a sign of anemia. So, for anyone out there who is getting bruising from bites and thought spiders were biting them every night like I did, I'm here to validate that I too am getting bruising. I also have some stinging pains on occasion. Antihistamines have helped. Maybe moving into a sauna is the next best thing.

19. Distressed in NJ

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Feb 6 2016 12:32:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I get bumps and then a red dot is left when the swelling goes down.

20. momtwins

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Feb 6 2016 18:02:59
    #

Login to Send PM

My daughters bites fade to where they look like a bruise but I think it's just the way it fades away.

21. bedbugtakeover

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Feb 8 2016 10:01:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I think because it is not the "norm" most professionals dismiss it however I have read quite a few different things on this forum that suggest that some people for whatever reason do bruise after being bit buy these bugs. It may not make sense but I don't believe in too many coincidences.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,409 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams