Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Do you allow people to come to your house if you have bed bugs?

(6 posts)
  1. mpp798

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 5 2013 10:08:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I brought bed bugs back from Europe and have had 3 sprayings since October 28th. My infestation was supposedly light since a harborage was never found and live bed bugs were never seen. However, family guests got bit upstairs and in the living room and I got bit earlier in the bedroom. (believed to be original source)

Since discovering the bed bugs one of my daughters and her family will not come over. When I go to her home I have to put on fresh clothes out of the dryer first. And I can't bring in a purse or coat.

It has been over 5 weeks since anyone had been bit. I found a couple of blood spots on a pillow a few weeks ago. Other than that, there have been no signs of bed bugs. We last sprayed 2 weeks ago. I am wondering how long I need to wash and dry my clothes immediately before going to my daughter's house. Also, when is it safe for her and her family to come over. Thank you.

2. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 5 2013 18:14:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Here are my 2 cents on this. While I had my infestation I would not have anyone over except for one friend who was fully aware of the issue and took all of the necessary precautions. However, I traveled quite freely, after an extensive decontamination. I made sure that all of my shoes and clothing came out of decontaminated Ziploc bags. My purse was always housed in my fridge (crazy, I know, but it worked), so I was able to bring it with me. Mind you, fridge because bugs could not get into it, not for the silly "freezing bugs" notion.

Once I was fairly confident that my apartment was clean, I did let a few friends over, but always with the disclosure that there was a slight chance that I still had them, and that the choice to come over was theirs. Plus, I would let them know the precautions they could take in case they were worried. I am blessed to have wonderful friends.

Hope that was a bit helpful. Good luck and hope your ordeal is over.

3. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 6 2013 0:40:32
    #

Login to Send PM

i had quite a large infestation in my sons room. I dont what large means in the bb world but to me it was big. There were never any bedbugs found in any other room. During the worst of it, before we found out i had people here all the time. people slept over, had dinner sat on my couch (never had any there) The only person whoever brought one home was his friend who slept on his top bunk (bunk was totally infested) His other friends were over and sat on his bed, his floor, his infested chair and never carried anything home (cant figure it out)
    After i found out i didn't let anyone in here. Even knowing we didnt have any on the main floor. His one friend does still come over , he had a mild bout of them. I felt uncomfortable having him here because i was scared he would bring them back.
    I have invited people over next weekend but they know i have them and were here when i didnt know at the worst time. Other than that the house has been guest free for 3 months and will be i think till spring lol

4. god is my dog

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 6 2013 9:51:51
    #

Login to Send PM

of course i let people come to my house................good things like bedbugs..........must share, right ?

other people gave me this gift..............i must share with others..............

5. kinihatesbedbugs

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 6 2013 20:05:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I did the same as "buggyinsyracuse" during treatments no one was allowed over til I knew we were in the clear. Once things were safe, those who were close friends we disclosed what happen and asked them to take precautions and gave them the FAQ's on Bed bugs..

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 6 2013 20:16:43
    #

Login to Send PM

god is my dog - 10 hours ago  » 
    of course i let people come to my house................good things like bedbugs..........must share, right ?
    other people gave me this gift..............i must share with others..............

Troll.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,827 posts in 49,817 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316