Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Do we need to isolate or treat parrot's cage?

(2 posts)
  1. rangichangi

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Nov 25 2010 10:08:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I was reading some of the older posts about birds and am now worried about our Indian ringneck - he is still a baby at 6 months. We have been using the Travel Tent which acts as a physical barrier so we won't get bitten - however I am worried if the bbs are unable to get to us they will get to our birdie Is there any way to isolate the cage(it is on a stand with wheels) or other way to make sure the bbs don't get to him?

2. buggedinbrooklyn

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Nov 25 2010 10:31:25
    #

Login to Send PM

you need to isolate, or better yet, remove it from your home durring treatment.

I almost got an African Gray 3 month old a few years back, so I know how bad fumes will be on the bird. I'm sorry as I know you don't want to hear this. not at a time when you are dealing with a baby's needs...like who eles do you know that will treat it properly like you would. but it needs to get out ASAP so the treatments of chemicals will not effect it's health and well being.

my heart and prayers are with you in this time of trouble.

the "original" Buggedinbrooklyn

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,432 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams