(2 posts)
  1. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 26 2012 9:16:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Often professions develop specific language and communication terms that carry specific meaning to their industry. Pest control is no exception and the best example is the term fumigation, I get a lot of calls where people want their homes fumigated for bedbugs and we always do our best to explain that they want treatment not fumigation and that fumigation of homes in the UK does not happen.

Do we need a glossary to cover these specific terms and how they should be used when communicating between professionals and non professionals?

Please let me know below and also what terms you think should be covered.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 26 2012 20:33:50
    #

Login to Send PM

We started a glossary over on the blog but it could use some updating and a lot of additions. It was a mixture of Bedbugger definitions and pest control terms.

We could just have people add terms below (with definitions if possible) and then edit them into one document.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

276,122 posts in 45,452 topics over 138 months by 19,969 of 20,732 members. Latest: Ganonthecannon, Cass2369, Oceanside06