Do PCOs get Bed Bugs?

(4 posts)
  1. joyceor

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Nov 2 2008 19:42:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Just wondering -- how do PCOs avoid infesting their own homes if they spend time in other places treating them for Bed Bugs?

2. pleasenotme

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 4 2008 8:09:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, I wondered this also.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 4 2008 8:29:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

OK I think I am qualified to answer this one.

Having treated and inspected thousands and thousands of properties in the last 7 years I have actually only transferred 4 bed bugs home with me (I know because I do a monthly inspection and keep a running total).

I keep the rate of infection low by the following:

• Do not sit down in a property until you know it is BB free
    • Do not get too up and close and personal with infected items
    • Keep on your toes and ideally dont stand still for too long
    • Check all hotel rooms that you stay in as a guest
    • Monthly inspections of your own property
    • I have also found that wearing leather trousers helps because they cant grip on them

The simple fact is that if you take care and precautions you can avoid an picking up bed bugs while working. It is however something where getting infected often teaches you to take better care in the future.

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. Livingagain

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 4 2008 9:08:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Gotta get me some of those leather trousers!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956