Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Do packtite passive monitors really work?

(5 posts)
  1. freakingout123

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Feb 16 2018 6:50:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm still not sure if I have them as I still can't find any evidence. I am just trying to figure out what could be causing me to still awake with itchy bumps. This is for people that have actually used the product and actually had bed bugs. Do packtite passive monitors really work? They say they should work within 72 hours, is this true? Thanks for any answers or comments.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Feb 16 2018 9:23:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I've had good experiences with the monitors. I use them on half of our dorm rooms and have caught infestations at early enough stages where I can easily treat successfully with one steaming and without having to disturb the other residents in the room. Very helpful for those early stages where an inspection may not turn up with much evidence.

3. Canuck

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Feb 18 2018 15:56:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I can concur with BigDummy; that said I do sell the product (we only sell products that we have found effective for the cost).

For example, we sold two monitors (when they were called 'BB Alert') for a two bedroom apartment in downtown Vancouver, several years ago. And they chose to ignore our advice for the optimal position and chose what was optimal for them.

The mattress is directly on a hard floor and rather than placing the monitor on the horizontal with a side sticking out from the mattress, they had fixed it to the wall, just above the baseboard, at the head of the bed. So the monitor is on the vertical and fully exposed during the day as the mattress is very thin (doesn't hide or cover the monitor) and the room is very bright. For them that was the optimal position so they could check it easily every night at bedtime.

And it worked. We were recently in their apartment and noticed several fecal spots on the white border of the unit. No physical evidence elsewhere than on the monitor. Can't argue with success.

Sheree Swindle / certified K9-assisted bed bug inspector
  4. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Feb 21 2018 18:55:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I have the monitors, and last I checked they were clear. Have you guys found infestations when the monitors were clear?

5. Canuck

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Feb 21 2018 19:00:12
    #

Login to Send PM

No. To be clear, many of our clients do not use the passive monitor detection system, and employ our k9 teams as a pro-active detection system.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,743 posts in 49,539 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie