Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Success Stories

Do NOT give up the fight! Success Story!!!!

(4 posts)
  1. Sunnydee2355

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jan 31 2016 22:05:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I wanted to post my story, to let others know NOT to give up! I know some of you are probably like me there were weeks that I lived off 1 hour of sleep and still went to work, slept in my car, and spent nights up washing bags and bags of clothes then drying them on high heat! But I want to give you hope that it is worth it, if you stop the breeding you can do this! TRUST ME!

I lost my mom in December 2014, I now take care of my special needs brother with the help of my sister. We cleaned out my mom's home and repainted everything, we were devastated about mom but were so happy that my brother LOVED his new ninja turtles room, I brought all new furniture for every room spending thousands....little did we know my aunt had bed bugs and never told us and I had spent days at her house. In October 2015 we were getting new carpet laid , I went to lift my brothers brand new bed and that is when I saw the most disgusting thing, the little crawlers were all over the brand new box spring! I immediately sprung to action! I had alcohol in the cabinet I pored it all over the box spring, my sister and I threw out everything. I googled and saw tips and the same day I bagged up every single piece of clothing we had I even threw tons of stuff in the back yard. I went out and brought zip ties bottles of alcohol and a vacuum. We had the guy that came and to do the carpet lift all the old carpet out and I sprayed the 91% alcohol all over the base boards in each room. Same day I went out and also brought my brother a brand new bed and brought encasement for all 3 bedrooms and the box springs! A few days later I had to take out my brand new dresser and recliner because they were in my recliner in my roomd. Luckily I had a basement and had zip tied and thrown every garbage bag full of clothes in the basement (50 bags) I spent nights washing and drying on high head going bag by bag and re bagging the clean clothes. I made sure to bag all the used bags and immediately after I emptied the bags into the washer I would take the used bags out to the garbage! I vacuumed EVERY DAY and made sure to use the hose around the base boards I also sprayed the baseboards every single day with alcohol.We called Orkin because I just could not sleep and wanted to make sure my house was okay. By the time Orkin was able to come out a few weeks later they sprayed but he stated he did not see any signs of anything, they came out two more times and the same story they did not find anything. We have not seen any new signs of anything since October. I know many of you are tired but trust me you can do this! Do NOT give up. Remember BAG everything up and zip tie it, WASH and DRY EVERYTHING!!!! Vacuum EVERYDAY and get ENCASEMENT'S! A lot of people say do not use alcohol but it was a GOD send for us USE it and open your windows it is strong but it kills them on contact. I know not everyone can get rid of everything my home is very empty but I can rebuild I refused to live with those nasty crawlers. Best of luck to you all

2. goawaybedbugsnow

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Feb 1 2016 9:53:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I am glad to hear that everything worked out for you and your brother! Thanks for posting your success story. This journey seems pretty dark at times, so it's nice to hear the positive stories, too.

We haven't seen a live bug since late December, so I am cautiously optimistic. Ironically, I treated almost exactly like you. Found live bugs under my daughter's mattress and carefully stripped, bagged, encased and cleaned like a mad woman. Like you, I went to work with 91% alcohol and the vacuum cleaner in the window between when I found the problem and when the PCO could make it out for the first treatment. We were also treated three times, but the PCO only saw one of two live bugs during the first treatment.

I know alcohol is not a preventative measure, but it really does do the trick when cleaning up a nesting area. The bugs died immediately and were much easier to clean up. Of course, caution should be taken and I still recommend the experts coming out to finish the job off.

3. Sunnydee2355

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Feb 4 2016 9:10:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, I am so glad you have a story of success! It really made me mad to know they were biting my brother and I had no idea...broke my heart, so I can imagine how you felt with your daughter! Very true , there is no way to tell if they are gone without the expert coming, and you want them to be 100% gone!!! Orkin was very nice and very helpful, I also put Vaseline on all of our bed frame wheels, it was just to make me feel better while we sleep since they can not climb up then! Also moved all the beds from by the walls, crazy thing is the other day I took my brother to the doctor and we were just about to sit down when I saw something in one of the chairs, I told the front desk lady she came and picked it up with tissue and it was a BEDBUG at the doc office! They can be anywhere because people are carrying them on their clothes, so now when we get home I go straight to my basement and throw all my clothes in the dryer for 50 mins on high even my shoes!

4. Louise

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Feb 8 2016 0:19:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations on your success, Sunnydee!

Just a note, though, that clean clothes and linens can just be run through the dryer until hot; they don't need to be washed. (Take care with delicates, though; they can melt.)

Also, alcohol is extremely flammable and 91% alcohol has been known to melt plastic, so people should take extreme care if they use it on anything. Since it's a contact killer, other things (like Murphy's Oil Soap, which is much more friendly to wood surfaces) should work equally as well and be much safer to use.

May the rest of your days be free of bed bugs.

Louise

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,685 posts in 50,015 topics over 155 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me