(12 posts)
  1. Quentin_75

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Jul 3 2019 3:42:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone,

First of all, since English is not my native language I may make some mistakes. I am sorry about that, do not hesitate if you need more details.

I am here looking for opinions about a situation I experience since a few days.

First, a little bit of context about me: I admit it, I have a Bedbug's phobia, the simple mention of them makes my heart beat really fast, I sweat and can't unfocus my mind about that.

Why ?

3 years ago I woke up with 5 bites on my arm,I found nothing exept that, a PCO came, found nothing as well but sprayed anyway "just in case". No further signs of Bugs but the anxiety was still here (I saw a psychologist for a few time, for this and other things)

I moved to another flat, and, since 1 month and a half I live in the appartment I bought in Paris.

My appartment: The appartment was unoccupied for more than a year, remade as new completely and the furnitures I bought were completely new as well => Everything is brand new!

I did not traveled recently and te neighbors told me that the building is clean, the only risky situation is that I sat on the subway.

I had no problem since 2 days ago (just one bite, I guess from a mosquito): After a night out on the Seine's banks (got bitten by mosquitoes) I went home and opened my window for 30 minutes since it was really hot that night. I was in my bed and I felt mosquitoes bites (got bitten 2 times, on the back and and on the shoulder) so I decided to close the window.

The next morning I went to work and notice once there that I had 3 bites on my arm, the bites are in the shape of a isosceles triangle and separated by 4 cm between the two on the bottom and 7cm for the one on the top.

So I decided to make a full inspection of everything: bed, matress, sheets... Found nothing, no blood stains, no casings...

Exept one thing: I was inspecting the bed foots with a flashlight and my knife (to prelevate samples I the case I found something) and I found a really small 1mm black ball; I inspected it and tried to smeared it between my fingers, and it smeared like play doh. It had the consistency of Play doh and the smear was completely black.

I did an intense cleaning of the appartment, vaccummed all the surronding of the bed, changed my sheets and cleaned the old ones.

I am sorry for this long post but do you think I worry too much? What would be your advices?

Thank you for your help!

Quentin

2. Quentin_75

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Jul 3 2019 9:10:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi again,

I am sorry to insist, but following the description, is it possible that I found a Bedbug feces?

> I was inspecting the bed foots with a flashlight and my knife (to prelevate samples I the case I found something) and I found a really small 1mm black ball; I inspected it and tried to smeared it between my fingers, and it smeared like play doh. It had the consistency of Play doh and the smear was completely black.

I want to take actions as soon as possible if there are any doubts

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Jul 3 2019 9:29:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Unfortunately outside of the human brain the isosceles triangle doesn't really exist. There is no biological evidence that a bed bug will bite in any given number or any given pattern, the three bites myth in all its variations is just that, a myth.

4. Quentin_75

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Jul 3 2019 9:33:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi BigDummy,

Thank you for your reply.

So the bites are not a sign? Could be mosquitoes?

And what about the small speck I found, does the description could match?

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Jul 3 2019 9:43:42
    #

Login to Send PM

You have no reason to suspect bed bugs.

6. Quentin_75

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Jul 3 2019 10:03:41
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy,

Thank you so much for your message, I feel relieved

I freaked out mostly because of the speck I found because I saw a post in the forum where the description of the specks could match (small speck, kinda round, black and smeared)

Another information: When I squeezed it between my fingers it did not smell and some remained in my digital print. I had to wash it with some water to make it go. (I dont know if it helps)

Can you confirm that it do not match?

7. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Jul 3 2019 10:37:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I think you've done a pretty good job of confirming that yourself.

8. Quentin_75

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Jul 3 2019 11:16:48
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy,

I am really sorry but I don't get the sense of your message.

You mean that the description of what I found does not match with what a BB fece would look like?

Btw, thank you for your time, I know that paranoid people could be annoying...

9. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Jul 3 2019 12:41:35
    #

Login to Send PM

You are correct, no worries.

10. Quentin_75

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 4 2019 2:29:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry for the late answer BigDummy!

Thank you so much for your message, I will try to take those bugs out of my head and focus on something else.

I have another question, not in relation with the topic: What do you think about those sniffing dogs who spots the BB? Is it really usefull and effective?

Have a nice day!

11. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Jul 5 2019 7:43:39
    #

Login to Send PM

If the dog alerts the handler must search and find a sample, just accepting a dog's alert without inspection is worthless.

12. Quentin_75

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat Jul 6 2019 4:31:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi BigDummy,

Thanks for the advice!

I have found some other elements and made a new topic about spots I have found.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,659 posts in 50,009 topics over 154 months by 21,868 of 22,349 members. Latest: fightingback, Jenloaa, pleasestop