newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun May 26 2019 0:45:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Posted 3 days ago
    Wed May 22 2019 15:48:05
    #
    I posted the following n my original thread in which bed bugs were IDd positively.

My original post was on May 6th. I/we have not seen or been bitten by a bedbug in > 10 days.

I realize it's too soon to make that determination but when can one safely assume they are bedbug-free?

Things were complicated at the house but we made some calls about extermination. That said, we had a lot of prep to do which was delayed. There's a lot of stuff here which exterminators don't like so we had to deal with that.

The biggest thing we did was mummify the sofabed. I bought heavy duty very large garbage bags and used tape to tape everything up. There was no opening including the feet. We have to replace the sofabed anyway so we don't mind losing it. It was where the problem was initially. I saw around 14 bugs on or around the sofabed excluding the two I used to confirm in my OP. There were definitely some in a bedroom as someone else was bitten. But, nothing else but 1 in the bathroom once and another bug once in a second bedroom, no bites and no evidence of them. I think it hopped aboard from the living room near the sofabed.

So, we never called anyone and now it's 10+ days since a bite or appearance/evidence of a bug. I understand they can go without feeding for more than 18 months but I'm assuming these critters will seek out a meal when they have a hankering for blood.

I don't want to spend > 500$ to spray chemicals that aren't necessary. OTOH, I don't want delay and worsen the situation.

I used to dread going to sleep. Now, everyone sleeps fine except for the lack of a sofabed. We want to throw out our mummified sofabed and buy a new one but it's premature. Unfortunately, someone has to sleep on a spare mattress on the floor.

Everything we did:

- mummified the place of origin the sofabed
    - killed the bugs we found
    - turned over beds, used sticky papers
    - vacuumed with new designated bug vacuum (which we emptied canister of and sealed after use plus cleaning filter often)
    - inspected bedrooms
    - cleaned linens in hot water cycle every 3 days + extra drying on hot

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I feel like they're gone. When can we safely assume they are.

2. Lane3

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun May 26 2019 0:50:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't see my post. Can anyone else see it?

ETA: Here is my original post in this thread.

________

I posted the following in my original thread in which bed bugs were IDd positively.
    bedbugger.com/forum/topic/bug-id-254#post-302935

My original post was on May 6th. I/we have not seen or been bitten by a bedbug in > 10 days.

I realize it's too soon to make that determination but when can one safely assume they are bedbug-free?

Things were complicated at the house but we made some calls about extermination. That said, we had a lot of prep to do which was delayed. There's a lot of stuff here which exterminators don't like so we had to deal with that.

The biggest thing we did was mummify the sofabed. I bought heavy duty very large garbage bags and used tape to tape everything up. There was no opening including the feet. We have to replace the sofabed anyway so we don't mind losing it. It was where the problem was initially. I saw around 14 bugs on or around the sofabed excluding the two I used to confirm in my OP. There were definitely some in a bedroom as someone else was bitten. But, nothing else but 1 in the bathroom once and another bug once in a second bedroom, no bites and no evidence of them. I think it hopped aboard from the living room near the sofabed.

So, we never called anyone and now it's 10+ days since a bite or appearance/evidence of a bug. I understand they can go without feeding for more than 18 months but I'm assuming these critters will seek out a meal when they have a hankering for blood.

I don't want to spend > 500$ to spray chemicals that aren't necessary. OTOH, I don't want delay and worsen the situation.

I used to dread going to sleep. Now, everyone sleeps fine except for the lack of a sofabed. We want to throw out our mummified sofabed and buy a new one but it's premature. Unfortunately, someone has to sleep on a spare mattress on the floor.

Everything we did:

- mummified the place of origin the sofabed
    - killed the bugs we found
    - turned over beds, used sticky papers
    - vacuumed with new designated bug vacuum (which we emptied canister of and sealed after use plus cleaning filter often)
    - inspected bedrooms
    - cleaned linens in hot water cycle every 3 days + extra drying on hot

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I feel like they're gone. When can we safely assume they are.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun May 26 2019 1:14:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you read up on Passive Monitoring and the TbyPMR protocol you can see how you can get the all clear down to 7-14 days. It will also help you to understand how people introduce bedbugs to their homes and how to break that cycle.

It’s possible for people to eradicate smaller and localized infestations of bedbugs with hard work and attention to detail but it’s a steep learning curve to get right the first time.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,818 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs