Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Do I inform my employer/daughters school about BBs?

(5 posts)
  1. Tucson74

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 14 2017 18:43:55
    #

Login to Send PM

It was just confirmed that we have bedbugs and we are being treated next week--mainly due to scheduling issues. In the meantime, do I need to inform my boss and my daughters school? Are we infesting everyone we come in contact with? I am just so grossed out and depressed, I cant even think. I have no idea how it got into our home. And the prep work is just overwhelming. Please, someone talk me down from jumping off the cliff.

2. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 14 2017 22:34:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm in the same boat...my PCO comes in two days to start the first treatment and I feel like it's not going to be finished/enough. I don't know if you should tell or not. So far I have not. I just take the precautions to try not to spread them. All the clothes we are keeping are are washed/dried and stay in the unfinished cement basement lol! Prior to the kids leaving for school I spray their shoes with rubbing alcohol (90%). I check everything, everyday. I do feel guilty not telling but at the same time is it going to accomplish anything? I notified the school when my daughter got lice and it didn't help.

My house is so small that I feel like even leaving out the essentials is too much! I'm scared they will come in here and refuse to treat bc there too much stuff. I've thrown away so much and packed away so much but it never seems done!! Ugh!!!

3. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 15 2017 10:20:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Tough question. Be very careful not to spread (run clothes in dryer and keep in Ziplocks, etc.) but I don't think I would advise telling people. There might be a person besides you infesting you and others in those places, but you would be the one blamed.

Really tough call. Just do the best you can. It's a reality now, if the government is going to make all the most effective chemicals illegal then we just do the best we can.

Make sure you check that your PCO is using effective treatments, dust (Cimexa) is very effective, but many PCO's think it's too time consuming. Also, bb's are more resistant to some sprays than others.

4. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 15 2017 12:16:49
    #

Login to Send PM

So far everyone is on a need to know basis for me. My closest family/friends that I see every day are in the know, but school and work are not. Mostly like barelyliving said, you'll be the "cause" in their eyes if someone else has them as well. My PCO come tomorrow and I had to call out of work to continue preping. I'm a nurse so calling out is a big no no but I had no choice plus I called last night so they had plenty of time to fill my assignment. Hope it's not like some people and I stay fighting them for months on end. Really really hoping this 3 treatment thing works the first time.

5. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 15 2017 16:31:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I've decided I won't tell anyone again. They become uncomfortable in your presence and may tell other people about your situation. People I barely talk to now know I had bbugs. I'm "the one with bed bugs" to them.

Can you notify work and school anonymously?

Account closed

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,669 posts in 49,314 topics over 152 months by 21,612 of 22,037 members. Latest: Jaded48, ctd2289, N52B30AE