do i have bed bugs?

(3 posts)
  1. greyshoes

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Sep 6 2018 18:07:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Being a broke college student and desperate for a bed, I bought a mattress from a thrift store. (I know, stupid idea) As I was cleaning it, I saw a bug crawling and immediately vacuumed it out of panic. (Another dumb idea) I called the exterminator and he couldn't find any bed bugs on the mattress! He only said to monitor it and that he can't do anything unless there's an actual bug. A few days later, I felt an itch on my left arm . A couple minutes later, the itchiness stopped, but I noticed three faint and tiny dots and immediately panicked. I know bed bugs usually welt up and become really red and itchy, but this wasn't happening to me?!?!? I am waiting for my mattress encasement to come in so I can be sure if I have those bugs.

Link here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B51NXKQ/ref=twister_B01B1W52Y4?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

But I realized the bugs can go back into the mattress and won't be trapped in the encasement while alive like I hope. (Please tell me if I am wrong!)

It has been driving me nuts and I can't stop thinking about them! Help! What are some ways to monitor if I have bed bugs/ do I even have bed bugs?

Also here's a pic of my bites: https://i.imgur.com/Mz1e6ft.jpg

Thank you in advance!

2. Alexdfff

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Sep 6 2018 18:24:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Impossible to tell from the picture. Buy a passive bedbug monitor or two - placement is important though so read the directions on how to do that.

3. CharlesClark

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Sep 7 2018 6:12:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry! I cant recognize what type of mark it is.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,663 posts in 50,011 topics over 155 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me