Do I Have Bed Bugs??

(4 posts)
  1. Marsha

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 15 2011 3:30:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello folks, I wanted to know if you guys can help me. 2 weeks ago during the evening with all my bed room lights on a found a grey bug on my bed, sitting at the end that looked exactly like a bed bug (but grey, not brown) It had the same body and shape and make up as a bed bug which i googled and learnt how they look. I have felt ichy but im not sure if thats psychological as I havent and bite marks on my body. I noticed this bug the day my mother gave me a ten year old quilt to wear, she gave it to me saying it was clean and just hasnt been used by anyone due to its wacky colour. anyways so i wore this quilt and the next day found the grey bug, and so i killed it and it didnt jump or anything. I inspected my entire bed flipped my matress checked the crevices, vacuumed my carpets under and on top, flipped them upside down and vacuumed, mopped my entire room as its hardwood, cleaned myu basebored cleaned the inside and out of my furniture and found nothing no other bugs. In this crazy hunt i looked and cleaned my mattress and sping box very thoroughly and found nothing, no eggs, no babys no adults. BUT last night i found a small blood pot on my bed very very tiny. And i feel itchy? What is going on?? Do I have bed bugs???? Please help

2. Marsha

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 15 2011 3:33:27
    #

Login to Send PM

sorry just to clarify, I DONT have any bite marks on my body (unless i just cant see them or find them)

3. MoreThanOnceBitten

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 15 2011 11:45:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Too bad you don't have the bug to post a picture of. That's really the only way you'll know if the bug was a BB. If you aren't being bit and you have no signs, you probably don't have them. But I'm no expert.

There are many experts on here that can give you a good ID if you have a pic of the bug.

And FYI, BB's are not gray as a rule (as far as I know) They are light brown, almost clear when unfed and reddish brown when full.

4. Marsha

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Jul 16 2011 0:55:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks "more than once bitten"!!! I was just googling gray bed bugs and some sites say that bed bugs can be gray aswell?? but they didnt provide pics of them and I dont have any pics cause i killed the one i saw (and blood came out in the tissue) and i havent seen anymore to take pics of them. But like my whole concern is if it wasnt a bed bug why did it have the exact same body and legs and shape and EvErything as a bed bug and was clearly sucking my blood!!!. Also sorry i know your not an expert but like if I saw one does that mean there are more. I havent found anything, maybe because i killed it the day after i spotted it on "the old quit" or is one night enough time for bugs to reproduce, have babies and ruin our lives :s please help, if any one else would like to comment please do because this whole bug situation is real scary and making me nervous i cant sleep anymore!!! Stupid Grey bug!!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,217 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls