(5 posts)
  1. bugsornobugs

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Dec 7 2013 11:19:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    I'm new here but I've already done quite some reading on bedbugs.

First, I've got to say that bedbug problems aren't really a topic where I live. I don't know anyone who ever had to deal with them.

Why do I suspect I might have bedbugs?
    Well, while I was in panic and cleaning my one-room apartment because I had an invasion of drugstore beetles, I noticed a few tiny black thingies that, on closer inspection looked like poppy seed (maybe a little bigger). They were underneath my sheets, concentrated in a ~25cm radius, just on that spot where I usually lie when I'm in bed. As I was panicked, I didn't take a picture and just vacuumed everything quickly.

I started to examine my bed and the area around it but couldn't find anything resembling the pictures you find here or on the internet. No further evidence of feces. Also, my sheets are dark, so I never spotted any blood stains.

I don't know if I ever got bitten by bedbugs, as I don't know if I have any, but I do have itchy legs without any marks a few times a month when I'm in bed.

My question is: Would the feces even be in the described place? I mean I do mostly stay put there. (And it's the area my buttocks are placed ) Or would that be too hard for them to move? Even if they are tiny.
    And: Wouldn't the feces be squished by my weight?

Thank you in advance for thinking about this

2. rs1971

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Dec 7 2013 12:17:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Basically, you don't have bed bugs. I really only needed to read the title of your thread, to know that that was going to be the case. But, still, I read the whole thing for good measure!

3. bugsornobugs

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Dec 7 2013 15:07:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your reply!
    I might be panicking a bit because of the drugstore beetle invasion.

So my description of those black poppy-seed-like things is totally different to what bedbug traces normally look like?

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Dec 8 2013 2:19:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you move the "poppy-seed traces"? If so, not bed bug fecal. And bed bug feces on cloth doesn't look like that. Generally speaking, it looks more like brown or black ink stains.

(Fecal on a hard surface like wood would have a different consistency, but typically will stay put.)

If you're ever in doubt, you can post an image of the suspected fecal stains.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. bugsornobugs

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Dec 8 2013 6:51:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I was able to easily move them, yes.
    Wow, thank you so much! This really eased my mind!

I wish I had taken a picture of them. Oh well. It will teach me not to panic and remove anything suspicious without sampling it and taking a picture first.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,411 posts in 48,816 topics over 151 months by 21,435 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson