Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Do Exterminators change clothes before each job?

(7 posts)
  1. Vergeofinsanity

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jun 18 2008 14:37:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I have an apt in Jersey City that has bed bugs, and I have no I idea how they got there. According to our LL, there has been no history of BB in the building. We had an exterminator come in when we first got our APT but for roaches. Days after, we started getting bit. We called our LL again about the BB and sent the same exterminator this past saturday. He used bedlam on our bed, boxspring, couch, wardrobe, and the sides of the our bedroom and livingroom. We are still getting bit (my GF and I) but not as frequently. They are coming back this coming saturday to re-spray. I was just thinking, that perhaps our exterminator brought them in the apt in the first place, maybe coming from a previous job. Any thoughts on this?

2. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jun 18 2008 15:04:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Many use disposable Tyvek suits. Great for summertime weight loss.

3. bedbugvictimperthaustralia

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jun 18 2008 17:08:25
    #

Login to Send PM

The PCO that did my apartment wore normal clothes and a breathing mask. I asked "Uh, how do you stop from bringing them home with you?" and the response was "I put enough chemicals on my clothes that anything that touches them dies." Then he started tearing the plastic cover off the underneath of my bed to see if bugs had infested inside (at my request) but in such a way that was flicking bugs and eggs over him, my housemate who was standing really close, and the rest of the room.

They were looking at me oddly as I stepped the hell away and left the apartment so as not to get them all over my clothes.

Yeah, great standards.

4. BakedBedBugs

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jun 18 2008 19:03:55
    #

Login to Send PM

We wear tyvek coveralls c/w booties and nitrile gloves on every job and inspection. If we have to move from unit to unit we either wear booties over our booties or wear a new pair of coveralls. My wife will divorce me if I don't protect our home let alone protect your home

5. Vergeofinsanity

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Jun 19 2008 9:38:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Great, my PCO does not wear those coveralls. Looks like if this problem doesn't get resolved, we're just going to break the lease.

6. fightorflight

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Jun 20 2008 2:53:58
    #

Login to Send PM

> I was just thinking, that perhaps our exterminator brought them in the apt in the first place, maybe coming from a previous job.

Well, like a lot of things it's *possible*, but one of the less likely sources of your infestation. Suspect #1 is your apartment building. I would bet another apartment has/had them. This would mean your landlord was unaware or he knew and is lying to you, both possible. Maybe a neighbor picked up bugs somewhere and hasn't noticed or is afraid to report.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Jun 20 2008 3:11:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Verge,
    If you are getting treatment, I would not assume the PCO is necessarily bad at his / her job because s/he does not wear a Tyvek suit. Lots of people have had successful treatment from PCOs not wearing Tyvek.

There's a FAQ on how to choose a PCO which might help you determine other warning signs, however.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19