(4 posts)
  1. t33i3

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Dec 8 2010 0:25:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll try to be brief:

I babysit for a close friend, her baby needs to be laid with so he can sleep during his naps. We usually lay in their bed, and sometimes I'll nod off with him.
    They just discovered they might have bedbugs from a trip they took in late November.
    I'm just worried that I might also have bedbugs. I do have a little bite on my arm, but I don't know if I've had it long or not, so that might just be my paranoia.
    On top of that, they don't even know if they have bed bugs. All they know is the woman, my friend, has bites all over and it is WAY too cold here for mosquito's or other kinds of bugs. I don't know if the baby is bitten or not though, it seemed impolite to ask.

So, my question to the forum is:
    Can bedbugs go from one house to another via clothing? If so, what should I do?

2. bushbugg

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Dec 8 2010 0:56:16
    #

Login to Send PM

t33i3 - 26 minutes ago  » 

On top of that, they don't even know if they have bed bugs. All they know is the woman, my friend, has bites all over and it is WAY too cold here for mosquito's or other kinds of bugs.
    Can bedbugs go from one house to another via clothing? If so, what should I do?

If youve been sitting in their house, yes you may have bed bugs. Or they may have travelled in with your bag.

You would do well to read the faqs on detection.
    More to the point: if they DID migrate to your house, they will set up camp near where you sit or sleep. They are attracted by carbon dioxide and body heat. If your clothing from their house is at all isolatable, throw it in the dryer for an hour.

Other than that, perhaps buy some climbups for your bed, or a passive alert moniter.

3. t33i3

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Dec 8 2010 1:54:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, thanks!

I've read a lot more in the last hour so I feel a little more confident about the situation. All my clothes are in the dryer right now. I've also started on the bedding.

Thanks again

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Dec 8 2010 8:52:09
    #

Login to Send PM

They need to do some detection work. The detection FAQ may help.

You may have been bitten in their home (if indeed, you were bitten by bed bugs) and had the itching/bite appear after a delay of hours or even days.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,337 posts in 46,549 topics over 141 months by 20,529 of 21,391 members. Latest: TuliusCeasar, Bugsss, northeastbugger