Do bed bugs molt the DE off?

(3 posts)
  1. DEaddict

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Dec 13 2017 14:35:16
    #

Login to Send PM

We all know that DE can take a long time to kill a bed bug. In the lab settings and peoples own experience it can take two weeks, but they are constantly being exposed to it. If they are able to still feed and shed the layer with DE on it then maybe it is more effective on adults rather than juveniles? It is also true that many strains of bed bugs have thicker skin than others. Maybe this slows the dehydration process down.

On a side note I am astounded that makers of OTC insecticides are even allowed to sell them as they no doubt make the problem way worse, especially in the case of foggers, which I did not use) both in helping bed bugs become more resistant because we are basically inoculating them when these OTC treatments are used because they don't contain a lethal dose of the insecticide. It's the same with anti bacterial soaps, they do nothing but create stronger bacteria. Like a lot of people, I looked into non toxic insecticides like Ecoraider, which got the most positive reviews. It claims to have a 14 day residual effect. but I don't believe this at all. It no doubt works well as a contact killer. Bed bugs are a serious problem and it is amazing that companies are allowed to sell things that not only do not work but make the problem worse for everyone.

2. Mawiwala

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Dec 13 2017 15:53:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Cimexa should work much faster then DE. It is newer, what means less research on it. Some say it kills in one/two days.

3. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Dec 14 2017 20:24:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 1 day ago  » 
    Cimexa should work much faster then DE. It is newer, what means less research on it. Some say it kills in one/two days.

Ya and I am so annoyed I can't buy it in Canada.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,506 posts in 49,276 topics over 152 months by 21,596 of 22,019 members. Latest: tlc6225, Laurenke, elco1996