Do bed bugs bite on the face?

(11 posts)
  1. JoanB

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Feb 15 2009 0:04:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. My daughter had a bed bug problem at her college apartemnt. She couldn't move in for 6 weeks while they sprayed. Since then ( Sept) no problems till last week. Management made everyone in the complex take off the sheets for what they called a routine pest inspection...yeah right. And she came home this weekend with 4 bite marks on her face. Do you think these are bed bug bites? She lives in San Diego CA.

2. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Feb 15 2009 0:10:37
    #

Login to Send PM

They aren't picky and will bite on the first bit of skin they are able to.

Jim

3. Itchy-Scratchy

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Feb 15 2009 8:37:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not sure if your daughter's bites are from BBs, however I can attest to the fact that they bite the face. When we were first battling the infestation, I awoke one morning with numerous bites on my chin. It swelled up until I looked like Jay Leno! And about 6 weeks ago, I had a bite on my eyelid. My daughter has had bites on her face.

So, yes, they will bite on faces.

4. Bites44

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Feb 15 2009 12:03:37
    #

Login to Send PM

On the face, yes! I have had bites on jaw, and forehead.

5. jack

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Feb 16 2009 14:22:48
    #

Login to Send PM

they def bite on the face, i had 3 bites and i was pretty swollen like someone punched me out

6. itchyandtired

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Feb 16 2009 15:18:43
    #

Login to Send PM

They sure do. I got bit on my forehead and it looked like I got hit with a baseball bat. How embarrassing.

7. Adele

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 2:59:35
    #

Login to Send PM

JoanB - the larger question is related to the precautions your daughter is taking to ensure that she does not bring the bugs home to you

please read through the FAQ about precautions to take not to transmit the bugs and make sure she follows it so you are protected

8. parakeets

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 12:02:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I woke up this morning with 4 bug bites on my face. My management company says they are not bed bug bites since they put sticky traps down and there are no bed bugs in the sticky traps. I saw a bedbug crawling on my compforter last month but I squished him. My bed bugs like my skin, not the sticky traps.

Somehow there were 8 relatively new mattresses left outside the building by the dumpster on Friday, outside of a bedbug infested building. Not marked "bed bugs." We don't have trash pickup until Tuesday, due to the holiday weekend but by yesterday, all the mattresses were gone. Gone to homes that will now have bedbugs infestations from their "new" mattresses. Gone to apartment buildings that will now be infested. Gone to people who will itch, and be bitten, and bleed, and have fecal spots and spots of their own blood on those mattresses. It is so easy to re-cycle and spread bedbugs. But in my town we are told by our board of helath that bedbugs do not cause health problems, so I'm sure this isn't a problem.

9. ssayles

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Feb 18 2009 0:15:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I know someone who had 3 bedbug bites on her face. Bedbugs bite on your face, legs, hands, necks etc.

10. JimmyChanga

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Feb 27 2009 0:35:20
    #

Login to Send PM

This is an interesting question for me. I'm still not sure if BBs are the cause of my "bites", but 90% of my "bites" are on my face.

Thinking that the BBs (if they are the cause) must be close to my headboard, I switched a few weeks ago and started sleeping w/ my head towards the foot of the bed. But the pattern continues to be "bites" on my face 90% of the time.

If they are simply biting the first skin they can find, then wouldn't they bite my foot instead?

11. Red

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Feb 28 2009 10:01:25
    #

Login to Send PM

YUP, I woke up a few days after being in an infested hotel and I had about 30 bites from my chin to forhead on one side, my earlobes and neck. They even bite me inside my ear. I guess I'm lucky one didn't crall up into my brain and bite me there.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,196 posts in 50,137 topics over 155 months by 21,918 of 22,413 members. Latest: Peachyy92, Bigworm, Cain69