Do Bed bug bites vary in size?

(6 posts)
  1. BattlefrontFan

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Oct 27 2017 0:08:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Recently, I have been getting bites on my hands, always around the same area with the consistent bedbug pattern. I have had them in the past and these new “bites” don’t necessarily look like the ones I had before. But these ones on my hand are pretty small, I got a classic bedbug bites months earlier and they look much larger, however it was on my Side.

Now the question is, do bedbug bites vary in size depending on where you are bit? ( ex. Hand compared to arm )

Bites on hand ( tough to see )
    https://ibb.co/erYfmR

Edited to help see
    https://ibb.co/jT76RR

Bites on my side from months ago
    https://ibb.co/c07Ufm

2. hearty

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Oct 27 2017 12:59:59
    #

Login to Send PM

looks like a rash to me no bb bite, but I'm no expert. had em for 15 months tho

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Oct 27 2017 14:07:36
    #

Login to Send PM

BattlefrontFan - 13 hours ago  » 
    Recently, I have been getting bites on my hands, always around the same area with the consistent bedbug pattern. I have had them in the past and these new “bites” don’t necessarily look like the ones I had before. But these ones on my hand are pretty small, I got a classic bedbug bites months earlier and they look much larger, however it was on my Side.
    Now the question is, do bedbug bites vary in size depending on where you are bit? ( ex. Hand compared to arm )

What is the consistent bed bug pattern? Same for classic bed bug bites?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. BattlefrontFan

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Oct 27 2017 15:04:22
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 54 minutes ago  » 

When I had my infestation, they came 80% of the time in 3s or fours with a triangle or linear pattern. But my question was of bites vary depending where you are bit at ( arm compared to hand )

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Oct 27 2017 18:52:24
    #

Login to Send PM

BattlefrontFan - 3 hours ago  » 

loubugs - 54 minutes ago  » 

When I had my infestation, they came 80% of the time in 3s or fours with a triangle or linear pattern. But my question was of bites vary depending where you are bit at ( arm compared to hand )

You were bitten by bed bugs that were feeding near one another. Other 20% were single-looking bites? I've been feeding them for over 20 years. Many of my bites are still little bumps that disappear within the hour. If I feed hundreds in one place (about a 1 to 1.5 inch circle) from a screen cover, then there's a red area that is all swollen and it goes flat in a few hours or so.

6. HifromChi

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Oct 30 2017 10:28:21
    #

Login to Send PM

The bumps on your hands don't look anything like the bites I experienced, but the other photo of the one grouped in a triangular 3 looks a lot like the ones I had. I would get that kind of grouping on all parts of my body 80 to 90% of the time so I understand why you refer to it as "classic bite pattern".

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,975 posts in 45,923 topics over 140 months by 20,229 of 21,036 members. Latest: Roomtenant99, notagain2018, freakedout4589