Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Do bed bug bites always present in the same way? Please help!

(4 posts)
  1. itorturebedbugsforfun

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Apr 6 2010 0:50:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Last summer I had a bed bug infestation. I was VERY allergic to the bites, which swelled into welts about the size of quarters. They itched intensely.

I've been BB free for 7 months now, but for the last 6 weeks I've been having skin issues.. tiny itchy red bumps on my arms, legs and back. They are about the size of a pencil eraser or smaller and not nearly as itchy as I remember bed bugs bites being.

I know every person reacts differently to bed bugs, but does one person always react the same way? For example, could stress of my previous infestation have worsened my reaction? Could those have been big, well-fed bugs whereas now I am being bitten by nymphs? It would have to be a lot of nymphs because the bites are all over my body. Or is my paranoia just getting the best of me?

If anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it. (And yes, I've been to the doctor and dermatologist with no luck. My 4th (!) appointment is later this week.)

Thanks in advance.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Apr 6 2010 1:12:41
    #

Login to Send PM

You may react to bed bug bites differently at different times. Different periods of life, or even different days/times or different parts of the body.

However, people who have had informal bite reaction tests report their reactions to nymph and adult bites do not have a different feeling or appearance.

I would not make any assumptions that (a) you're being bitten by bed bugs or (b) if you are, that certain life stages were the culprit.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Apr 6 2010 1:13:29
    #

Login to Send PM

4. itorturebedbugsforfun

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Aug 20 2010 11:14:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Update: it wasn't bed bugs. I'm just paranoid. Very, very paranoid.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,173 posts in 46,246 topics over 140 months by 20,386 of 21,217 members. Latest: VAhouse, dontpanic, Koroifox