Do BB bite in the winter?

(2 posts)
  1. DrayaF

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Apr 19 2018 22:10:23
    #

Login to Send PM

So I live in a house with 6 people and I’m he only one getting bites and it’s been over a ear. It started last summer, I actually shared a room with my cousin and she didn’t get anything? But the bites had gone away for the winter and as soon as it begins to heat up, they’ll begin again. I’m not sure if It’s bed bugs but after a year I’d expect someone else to get bitten as well. I haven’t a seen any bed bugs but I have seen what may be a carpet beetle. But the other day I did see a very small bug. I tried to get a picture, it was very blurry so to it’s size. By I guess my main question would be, is there a bug that only comes out and feeds during the warmer seasons?

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Apr 20 2018 2:28:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Indoors, it doesn't matter with respect to season. So bed bugs feed year round. You haven't really nailed down if you have bed bugs and you're attributing your skin lesions to it. You need to have out monitors. That said, people can react differently to bed bug bites.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

275,892 posts in 45,388 topics over 138 months by 19,944 of 20,704 members. Latest: davebentonn, Therseld1931@armyspy.com, Chivabug