Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Do all bed bug bites itch? They have in the past

(8 posts)
  1. Tbcarleton

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jun 29 2016 20:12:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey guys, quick question:
    I've had bed bugs before and been bitten. The bites welt and they itch (obviously), I've now become super paranoid and think any redness in a line are bites. The problem is I work outside with my hands so it could be anything. My question is, do all bed bug bites on my body react the same? I have a line of super minor red welts, but no itching, whereas all my other bed bug bites have itched quite a bit. Maybe this isn't a bed bug bite? Sure fucking hope so.

Plz help

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jun 30 2016 5:39:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. I am no expert but I have read:
    Bed bug bites do not feel quite so itchy on all parts of the body.
    At least 46% of people do not react at all.
    People who react generally continue to react and their reactions get worse (ie you do not build up a resistance to bites)
    Are you "bites" on the arm or hand that is your dominant hand? You may have brushed against something that has caused a reaction. I remember a pharmacist teasing me when I went in to slow welts up my left arm. Firstly he asked are you left handed? I thought the man was a genius how would he know? Then he said have you been gardening recently? Yes at the w/e. Then he said you have probably touched a plant that you are allergic to. I did discover Euphorbia in the garden which has a milk that causes skin reactions in some people.
    I hope the above reassures you.

3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jun 30 2016 8:27:57
    #

Login to Send PM

frightened - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi. I am no expert but I have read:
    Bed bug bites do not feel quite so itchy on all parts of the body.
    At least 46% of people do not react at all.
    People who react generally continue to react and their reactions get worse (ie you do not build up a resistance to bites)
    Are you "bites" on the arm or hand that is your dominant hand? You may have brushed against something that has caused a reaction. I remember a pharmacist teasing me when I went in to slow welts up my left arm. Firstly he asked are you left handed? I thought the man was a genius how would he know? Then he said have you been gardening recently? Yes at the w/e. Then he said you have probably touched a plant that you are allergic to. I did discover Euphorbia in the garden which has a milk that causes skin reactions in some people.
    I hope the above reassures you.

Nothing that you wrote about bites, reactions, or percentages is correct.

Sometimes less is more.

4. bugged-cdn

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jun 30 2016 8:36:13
    #

Login to Send PM

The ones on my face (about 4-5) didn't itch at all. They were more prominent than others. Bites on other parts of my body itched more than words can describe.

5. fredcwh

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jun 30 2016 9:14:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm having the same problem...

I feel that they are bites, but i'm not sure cause they dont itch.. theyre just, faded spots ish..

Can anyone help a buddy out to see if these are bed bug bites?!

http://imgur.com/L1vQT9i - Photos!

6. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jun 30 2016 10:40:45
    #

Login to Send PM

fredcwh - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm having the same problem...
    I feel that they are bites, but i'm not sure cause they dont itch.. theyre just, faded spots ish..
    Can anyone help a buddy out to see if these are bed bug bites?!
    http://imgur.com/L1vQT9i - Photos!

Unfortunately even a dermatologist cannot definitely identify a bedbug bite.

7. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jun 30 2016 10:44:02
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 2 hours ago  » 
    The ones on my face (about 4-5) didn't itch at all. They were more prominent than others. Bites on other parts of my body itched more than words can describe.

Yes, any bites on my face tend to itch less and go down much quicker than say ones on the soft flesh on my arms, thighs, stomach.
    If I was you I would keep a diary of the bites you already have with their location and then check that you do not get new bites. It may just be a one off of something biting you or a skin reaction. Working outdoors there are loads of insects that can get you.

8. fredcwh

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jun 30 2016 10:48:05
    #

Login to Send PM

@freightened
    haha well sh*t... I guess i'll leave it to the experts later..

the K9 is coming in in 30 minutes or so to see if im clear or doomed... HOPEFULLY IM CLEAN..

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,272 posts in 50,154 topics over 155 months by 21,924 of 22,420 members. Latest: duracell, Parawail, Quiltergirl