DIY vikane from nuvan

(2 posts)
  1. Donna Noble

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 8 2015 1:37:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Not finding this in forums or much on Google. Came across suggestion of someone using pod storage with fans, heaters, and nuvan strips to diy vikane. I'm sure professional is best, but with no money and can't find anyone in my area that does it anyway. Any thoughts from pco's or someone who's tried this?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 8 2015 3:04:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I would suggest referring to this as DDVP treatment rather than "Vikane" to avoid confusion.

Vikane is a brand name for Sulfuryl flouride, which can never be used by DIYers, and Nuvan is a brand of dichlorvos a.k.a. DDVP which can be purchased in many places for home use. (Note Nuvan Pest Strips are sold in the US only outside NY and CT, but those in the Empire and Nutmeg States can purchase Hot Shot Brand Pest Strips which are also DDVP.)

Many interesting threads here about Nuvan are tagged with DDVP. You can click the DDVP tag above to see them.

Nuvan strips come in two sizes and you would need to select the appropriate size for the space to be treated.

It's important to read label instructions carefully. I don't know which thread to direct you too offhand but there have been people here who used DDVP in an unoccupied space, if you look through tagged threads.

User P Bello is a pro who has a connection with this product and is a great resource for asking questions about usage-- though I suggest checking his posts in the tagged threads first.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,510 posts in 47,004 topics over 143 months by 20,744 of 21,019 members. Latest: Ohnoihopenot, bedbugnitemare, C333