diy truck treatment ?

(6 posts)
  1. rjr772

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Jan 21 2019 12:00:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Is there any safe diy truck treatments with heat anyone knows about? I've looked up renting heaters from home depot but they look way too powerful and would most likely cause a fire hazard. And I dont think any regular portable heater would get hot enough. any advice ?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Jan 21 2019 12:58:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I looked into this for weeks before realizing the laws of physics work against you all the way.

The learning curve is way to steep for a DIY success because the variable on air flow and cool spots inside the vehicle make it impossible to be realiable.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. SalsaVince

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Jan 21 2019 15:20:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you talking about treating a box truck or the inside cab of a pickup? Perhaps a little backstory would be useful for what the problem is that you're trying to solve.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Jan 21 2019 18:46:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi SalsaVince,

Yes/No.

Box vans and trucks as a larger thermal chamber have the same draw backs as the DIY heat chambers and often fail by design.

Passenger compartments fail because of the thermal complexities themselves and the number of cool spots with no air flow.

I can’t stress enough that when you actually get a back of data loggers and start looking for cool spots the concept of building a thermal chamber of using heat becomes a lot less reliable than you might initially think it is.

It almost always reaches a classic trek moment where you “cannot defy the laws of physics”.

David

5. rjr772

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Tue Jan 22 2019 23:10:19
    #

Login to Send PM

me and my boyfriend are moving in with my parents and his house is infested, we arent taking any furniture with us, just clothes shoes and maybe small stuff like books or paperwork, so the truck is going to be nowhere near packed. i just wanted to be 100% sure we dont bring any bugs with us. im already planning on running all the clothes through the dryer a couple times.. but for everything else i was planning on putting in the back of a moving truck and trying to heat it myself, but now im thinking maybe i should just get a bunch of foggers instead?

6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jan 23 2019 9:30:33
    #

Login to Send PM

There's no need to run items through a dryer more than once, save that energy for something else.
    Foggers are a bad idea, they don't have the effect you're looking for and will make the problem worse by displacing the bed bugs and forcing them into refuges that they normally wouldn't be found in, making the job much harder.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982