DIY treatment advice on a budget

(6 posts)
  1. Bbhelpplz

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue May 29 2018 10:20:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I recently discovered bed bugs in my home. I have only found them in my childrens room. But, my boyfriend has the distinct bites, and I have been itching as well, but no bites when i wake up. I have a small 2 bedroom home. My children have wooden bunk beds. I havent even told my boyfriend that I discovered them because I am embarrassed. He moved in with me in December. Anyways, there is no way we can afford professional treatment. I am going to have to work extra shifts just to be able to afford the supplies for DIY treatment.

I saw this product on Amazon and am considering purchasing it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0077CPANQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527605223&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=bed+bug+treatment&psc=1

Anyone use this or have other suggestions? I am also hoping that I wont have to take the bunk beds apart? I am trying to do this all on my own. I have not noticed them in the couches, we dont really hang out in the living room much. But I havent done a full inspection in there. Also, the bedrooms and living room are all very close to each other so I wouldnt be surprised if they spread in there. I just need to make sure that whatever products I purchase to treat are effective because I cant afford to buy a bunch of stuff. I can barely afford rent!! Help please!

2. Bbhelpplz

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue May 29 2018 10:38:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, I cant afford to discard of furniture. Not sure if I can afford to buy mattress covers. All mattresses in the home and the bunk beds are only a little over a year old. My bed just sits on a metal frame. We dont have wooden dressers either, I have all plastic drawers because thats all I could afford when starting on my own after leaving my ex.

3. Pattycake

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue May 29 2018 16:41:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Unfortunately it Will probably take more than just that one product. Go to BedBug Supply. You can check out there kits and get full videos that guide you through the treatment. Good luck.Read the forums green sticky notes for pertinent information and what ever you do don’t use any bug bombs....

4. Thebiggerbug

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue May 29 2018 20:03:30
    #

Login to Send PM

You would need many many bottles of that, and at least 2 applications, hundreds of dollars... What state are you in? Is there maybe a resource center or church that may be able to help? Self treatment is not always less expensive then professionals and even done well can frequently still need professional intervention. Yes you will need to take furniture apart to treat correctly and everyone in your home needs to be aware so participation to not spread them and prepare for treatment can be established. There is a stigma but it has nothing to do with being clean. Hotels rooms are cleaned daily and sparsely furnished yet are a likely place to acquire them.

5. Livingagain

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 30 2018 0:33:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bad product, but you'll probably use a lot of bottles. I think Proof is supposed to be a better natural spray than that, but not 100% sure. Either way, use something else, too like Cimexa dust which is inexpensive and quite effective.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jun 1 2018 22:35:35
    #

Login to Send PM

The Useful Tools page has a number of items others have found useful.

The How to kill bed bugs using steam FAQ is one i would recommend for anyone who must self-treat.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714