Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Disheartened by exterminator...help!

(4 posts)
  1. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Aug 11 2011 16:52:55
    #

Login to Send PM

My exterminator describes bed bugs as "no big deal" and "the internet makes it soon worse than it is".

I need to move by Jan. 1st.

If I slowly packtite and pack things in zips and then into plastic tubs I seal with tape and inspect, can I get out of here bed bug free?

I need good advice. I get that there is no 100% guarantee, nut what protocols work the best?

I wish I could do the bed frame. I can't do it alone. I'm not strong enough and I'd just scatter the bugs. I wish I really trusted that the guy knows what he's doing and doesn't just push it around.

How am I supposed to do this into the fall and worse the winter.

2. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Aug 12 2011 11:12:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, to be fair, there is plenty of noise online that makes it sound like just a hair shy of nuclear apocalypse. It can an immense amount of work, and a substantial expense, but at least they don't carry disease as far as anyone has ever been able to tell.

3. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Aug 12 2011 11:44:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm trying to decide which is more important: saving my stuff and saving money.

Ultimately, my sanity is most important. I killed two nymphs this morning. Freshly fed. And no bites on me yet. Which is different than what I saw last week when I had blistering wounds.

I know I can clear things in a packtite, but I'm not sure how to clear things to move them away.

I see people who fail at this and I just wonder if I should just walk away and leave NYC for my folks'.

I'm terrified they're infested from me.

4. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Aug 13 2011 16:14:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I spoke with my landlord and the "PCO" insists that Transport has a residual effect for 6 months and he really doesn't need to come back, except maybe ever 4 weeks.

After a mini-meltdown on my part, the landlord has agreed to come over and help me do more to clear furniture of the way for treatment and to order another treatment after. That would be 2 weeks after the half-treatment I got on Monday.

I am definitely moving out. Thinking to rent an apartment for September 1st and move a box at a time.

Is there a FAQ I missed somewhere?

What are the best techniques for moving?

I have ziplocks, plastic tubs and a packtite. I plan on packtiting books, soft good, serger, and other things. Can I packtite jewelry, like pearls?

I planed on wiping the plastic stuff for my bathroom down with alcohol.

What about my shopping cart? How can I make sure it won't carry things to a new place?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,215 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls