Disgruntled man releases bedbugs in Maine city office

(3 posts)
  1. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 9:47:12
    #

Login to Send PM

AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — The city manager in Augusta, Maine, says the municipal office building had to be sprayed for bedbugs after a man threw a cup of the pests onto an office counter and about 100 of them scattered off.

City Manager William Bridgeo tells the Kennebec Journal (http://bit.ly/2sySI9f) the man apparently complained Friday to the code enforcement office about bedbugs at his former apartment then left, but returned after he showed the cup of bugs to a manager at his new apartment and was told he couldn't live there.

Bridgeo says the man let the bugs loose in the General Assistance Office where he asked for a form to request assistance and apparently was told he didn't qualify.

Police didn't immediately release the man's name or say if any charges would be filed.

2. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jun 7 2017 18:13:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I would say if my landlord refused to help me after Ive asked and asked again.I would probably feel like throwing bugs at him too.Like he should know how it feels to live with them...Doubt U would actually be able to do it though....lol

3. crossroads

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jul 7 2017 21:43:35
    #

Login to Send PM

The alleged perpetrator has been charged:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/07/06/man-who-threw-bedbugs-augusta-maine-municipal-office-charged/NazYfzN8zHARSBxE06nJxH/story.html

The Kennebec Journal reports 74-year-old Charles Manning was charged with assault and obstruction of government administration. He’s scheduled to appear in court Aug. 7.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,788 posts in 49,802 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991