Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Dimataceous earth - best way to use

(25 posts)
  1. paulfoel

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Dec 3 2018 6:41:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Understand its got to be spread fairly lightly but whats best place?

Around the sides/legs of bed? Under mattress? Actually on mattress?

Also, what about vacuuming the area? I guess needs to be reapplied?

2. SalsaVince

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Dec 3 2018 12:00:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm expecting some more jokes about Demetrius on this one. One trick for remembering how to pronounce it is it comes from the word diatom which is what it's made from.
    The main risk from handling DE is inhaling it. Therefore, when you vacuum it, be sure to use a HEPA filter and wear a mask. Be warned that it has been known to kill vacuums over time. That's another reason why it's better to apply lightly. I also point a fan on low blowing out of window to ventilate (do not point it at the powder!). You should only apply it to places that will not be disturbed. Definitely do not put it ON the surface of the mattress because every time you get in and out of bed, you'll be knocking it around making it airborne. You can put it on lightly with a duster, just in seams or cracks in the box springs, bed frame and base boards on the walls, especially near the bed. I also used a paint brush to touch up the application and get it into every crevice. If accessible, Cimexa is usually the preference over DE. I've read that it is less harmful than DE for inhalation but still needs to be handled with the same precautions. It only takes a day or so to start killing as opposed to DE which takes over a week. With both dusts, you can leave it put for years and it will still be effective. It only becomes less effective if it is disturbed or as covered over with a thick layer of regular old fashioned dust with time.
    **Corrections and other suggestions are welcome**

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Dec 3 2018 13:01:48
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm expecting some more jokes about Demetrius on this one.

The jokes aren't going to write themselves, step up.

4. SalsaVince

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Dec 3 2018 13:28:00
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 23 minutes ago  » 

SalsaVince - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm expecting some more jokes about Demetrius on this one.

The jokes aren't going to write themselves, step up.

Dimateaceous Earth is somewhat effective but if you really want to knock them out, use Quartertaceous Earth. It's over twice as expensive but well worth it. (Boooo!)

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Dec 3 2018 15:07:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmm, on second thought let's wait and see if they can write themselves.

6. paulfoel

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Dec 5 2018 5:19:26
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince - 1 day ago  » 
    I'm expecting some more jokes about Demetrius on this one. One trick for remembering how to pronounce it is it comes from the word diatom which is what it's made from.
    The main risk from handling DE is inhaling it. Therefore, when you vacuum it, be sure to use a HEPA filter and wear a mask. Be warned that it has been known to kill vacuums over time. That's another reason why it's better to apply lightly. I also point a fan on low blowing out of window to ventilate (do not point it at the powder!). You should only apply it to places that will not be disturbed. Definitely do not put it ON the surface of the mattress because every time you get in and out of bed, you'll be knocking it around making it airborne. You can put it on lightly with a duster, just in seams or cracks in the box springs, bed frame and base boards on the walls, especially near the bed. I also used a paint brush to touch up the application and get it into every crevice. If accessible, Cimexa is usually the preference over DE. I've read that it is less harmful than DE for inhalation but still needs to be handled with the same precautions. It only takes a day or so to start killing as opposed to DE which takes over a week. With both dusts, you can leave it put for years and it will still be effective. It only becomes less effective if it is disturbed or as covered over with a thick layer of regular old fashioned dust with time.
    **Corrections and other suggestions are welcome**

Ha ha thanks Vince. Sorry I know the spelling is wrong....

Never heard of Cimexa to be honest. Quick google doesnt seem to be available in the uk either though

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Dec 5 2018 12:06:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes, Cimexa is not approved in the UK but equally we cope well enough without it.

There are various products on the market in the UK and EU sold as DE, sadly not all of them are DE, it took months to find a reliable source with no variations batch to batch and you don't always get what the picture showed.

One of the key things to understand from the start is "less is more", in fact the hard part of documenting how to apply correctly is that the human eye and the camera are not very good at detecting a well done job. It is applied at a rate that could only be described as a lightest of dustings. I have attempted to illustrate this with some green paper to contrast the powder but to most people there is little difference between the untreated and the correctly treated.

Equally because of its greater density when correctly applied it does not pose the same airborne particle risk as Cimexa and because it has different physical properties, one behaves more like a smoke and the other a fine powder.

I have recently updated this:

https://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/DE/

Which gives a good overview and am hoping to be able to shoot some video soon but my editing is a little rusty and my PC a little sick at the second.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  8. SalsaVince

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Dec 5 2018 13:37:08
    #

Login to Send PM

That's an awesome article David, probably one of the best I've found on DE. I've really got to dedicate some time to read more of your work. I like how you emphasize to go against the human tendency that "If just a little bit of this works, Imagine how much a pile would!" That is so tempting to do. Interesting point about the differences in density between silica and DE too. Thanks for the info.

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Dec 5 2018 13:56:15
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Interesting point about the differences in density between silica and DE

That would be an interesting but most likely pointless exercise as silica is not mentioned in my post.

I would certainly recommend further reading of my responses and the static content that I create for here and my own sites. It's a lot of read but if you have a tough task ahead its always better to read and understand before you tackle the task.

However, that has always been easier to say than do in a state of anxiety, people so often jump to the headlines rather than actually reading, cross referencing and thinking about it for a while. I have seen too many cases where its cost thousands to fix something I would have initially resolved in minutes.

David

10. SalsaVince

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Dec 5 2018 14:07:15
    #

Login to Send PM

That would be an interesting but most likely pointless exercise as silica is not mentioned in my post.

I must have misread or maybe I'm off base on something else. I thought that you said the density of DE makes it safer if applied properly than Cimexa? And I thought that Cimexa was a brand of silica dust? Please correct me as needed.

11. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Dec 5 2018 14:54:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Cimexa is marketed as a silica dust but that does not make it a silica dust when it’s something else.

The clue is in the use of silica aerogel in the early marketing material, this is a trade definition of a class of products that behave as if they are lighter than air. It’s used to try and protect the identity of the material from alternative sourcing.

One approach I know works from field data someone shared with me is to use the lightest wafting of Cimexa into the harbourage of the Passive Monitor, again less is more. It can have a massive impact on the potential growth rate of populations and it avoids over application.
    However, as best as I can tell and baring access to a scanning electron microscope the best I can say is I am 99% certain the modes of action of DE and Cimexa are different but without access to greater magnification I can’t prove how different they are.

If anyone has a scanning EM and does not mind running 20 samples for me I can assure you the information would be helpful.

Sorry I might not be able to answer all your questions on Cimexa, as I said it’s not an option for me and frankly it’s too expensive for what it actually is.

David

12. paulfoel

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Dec 6 2018 10:21:06
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 22 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    Yes, Cimexa is not approved in the UK but equally we cope well enough without it.
    There are various products on the market in the UK and EU sold as DE, sadly not all of them are DE, it took months to find a reliable source with no variations batch to batch and you don't always get what the picture showed.
    One of the key things to understand from the start is "less is more", in fact the hard part of documenting how to apply correctly is that the human eye and the camera are not very good at detecting a well done job. It is applied at a rate that could only be described as a lightest of dustings. I have attempted to illustrate this with some green paper to contrast the powder but to most people there is little difference between the untreated and the correctly treated.
    Equally because of its greater density when correctly applied it does not pose the same airborne particle risk as Cimexa and because it has different physical properties, one behaves more like a smoke and the other a fine powder.
    I have recently updated this:
    https://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/DE/
    Which gives a good overview and am hoping to be able to shoot some video soon but my editing is a little rusty and my PC a little sick at the second.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Thanks David- superb information

13. Sleepless2

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Dec 9 2018 10:17:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,
    I know I shouldnt say this, as it is not particularly allowed due to trade licences etc..
    I live in Europe and I got a friend in the US to send me the Cimexa in a package. It got through fine. So if yo do have a friend in the US that is what I would do.
    I know DE and Cimexa are both silica products, and David is the expert on this, but maybe if he could get it in the UK he would use it too. I don´t know. Both the research and my own experience indicate that it is considerably more effective at killing bed bugs than DE. Plus, there´s knowing how to use it. I´m just a regular person, but when I used DE it didn´t work for me. When I used Cimexa it worked. SO perhaps in order to use DE well you have to have a lot of experience, not really the same with the Cimexa..just from my own personal experience.
    And as for the legality, well the company has made a product that you would benefit from using. If you pay them the 15 dollares, they benefit, you benefit, the postal company benefits. The only ones who don´t are those that levy taxes/take a cut from international trade, i.e. the government. And I pay all my other taxes. Maybe that´s naive, but that´s how I see it.

14. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Dec 9 2018 10:25:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sorry but if Cimexa were available in the U.K. I would most likely not use it because as I have started before the particle density means it does not behave in the same way as DE.

Again, they are not both silica products.

David

15. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Dec 9 2018 17:03:26
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 6 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    Sorry but if Cimexa were available in the U.K. I would most likely not use it because as I have started before the particle density means it does not behave in the same way as DE.
    Again, they are not both silica products.
    David

These lists are from the labels of some products in addition to DE. As far as I know, there is no crystalline silica in CimeXa, but there is a certain (small) percentage in DE.

CimeXa label ingredients:
    Active Ingredient: Silicon Dioxide as Amorphous Silica.....92.1%
    Other Ingredients...................................................................................7.9%
    Total:.......................................................................................................100.0%

Bonide Diatomaceous Earth label ingredients:
    Diatomaceous Earth, consisting of Silicon Dioxide........85.00%
    Other Ingredients:........................................................................15.0%
    Total:................................................................................................100.00%

Safer Brand of Diatomaceous Earth label ingredients:
    ACTIVE INGREDIENT: BY WT.
    Silicon Dioxide, from Diatomaceous Earth . . . ... . . . 77.69%
    OTHER INGREDIENTS:.. . . ......................................... . . . 22.31%
    TOTAL:. . . . . ................................................. . . . . . . . . . . . . 100.00%

Saint Gabriel Organics Brand of Diatomaceous Earth ingredients:
    ACTIVE INGREDIENT:
    Diatomaceous Earth
    Silicon dioxide . . . . . ...................................................... . . . . 85%
    Other element oxides . . ................................................... . .10%
    Moisture . . . ......................................................... . . . . . . . . . . . 5%
    TOTAL . . . ........................................................ . . . . . . . . . . . 100%

Mother Earth D ingredients:
    ACTIVE INGREDIENT:
    Diatomaceous Earth
    (including silicon dioxide, other oxides and moisture) ................... 100%
    [This product consists of the skeletal remains of fresh water diatoms, mined from the earth. Contains amorphous silicon dioxide.]

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  16. Sleepless2

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Dec 11 2018 17:47:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey,

i was interested in what is in the Cimexa, i mean Ive got this stuff all over my house. Incidentially it appears to be working really well. Its been almost 2 months and they had spread throughout the house, so from all rooms in house where i think i was getting bitten, i mean i know its difficult to know exactly where you get bitten, they are now down to just the main bedroom. i would say. Only when I sleep there do I get bitten. So I am very pro Cimexa. YOu just have to be patient and exceedingly meticulous with the washing and the drying, the vacuuming and so forth.

anyway, i wrote to Rockwell the people that make Cimexa to ask what was in it. Within 24 hrs they responded:

"Our CimeXa Insecticide Dust is comprised of 92.1% amorphous silica gel. Please check out this link to learn more about the type of silica we use: https://www.rockwelllabs.com/assets/what-is-silica-gel---are-all-silicas-the-same.pdf. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns."

Which I think is quite nice of them. Although where they get "...and compared to diatomaceous earth which cuts insects.." from I do not know. "Cuts insects" is not a good enough explanation of a mode of action I would suggest. But still I will overlook this. Cimexa is pretty much the only thing that has helped me deal with this problem (bearing in mind I live in the EU and there´s very little else. hell Cimexa´s not even available here!), and the long term effects on my respiratory system is anybody´s guess (better than DE tho probably). The stress provoked by living with BB was more than likely shortening my life expectancy anyway!

17. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Dec 11 2018 18:41:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Can you please expand on the (better than DE tho probably)?

I have the inhillation particle risk as being higher with a finer particle that is more prone to being airbourne. However, if you use either correctly which is not as a whole room covering you greater reduce the risk posed be either.

The debate is less about which you use and more about using them both correctly.

David

18. Sleepless2

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Dec 12 2018 13:58:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Happy to..if you expand upon how diatoms are "effectively single celled dinosaurs"...
    as written in the: https://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/DE/
    im not being serious. I know you know what they are. I have a great respect for you, but to dumb down the science like this isnt needed Id say.

yes of course damage to the respiratory system will be dependent on numerous factors including the likelihood of the substance being airbourne, how much is applied etc, to what areas, but all other things being equal, a higher % of crystalline silica in a product is going to provoke more damage to respiratory surfaces. I repeat all other things being equal.

Im happy with the Cimexa. There is of course a risk associated with a product as with most things. Using vehicles has numerous risks associated with it, but we still use them. And lets of course not even get into smoking. So that is basically what I was trying to share in this thread.
    That as a regular person with no experience as having worked as a PCO, I have used both DE and Cimexa in my home. I have found that the cimexa is more effective at reducing the number of bites I am getting. I think that I would always like to have a bottle handy and do a bit of prevention dusting in a new home if I move again.

If Id have known about this product at the start of my first experience with bedbugs, then my life would I think be v different. Giving up my home was one of the hardest things I ever did. I will also say there was a suicide related to my bed bug story. Obviously this person had a history of mental illness initially, but would they have died on that day in that way if we hadnt have had the bugs? Maybe not. These bugs have provoked some serious trauma in my life. I was just getting over it, and now a year and a half later, in a different city, Ive got them again. Probably the same ones from the first time, hanging out in the stored stuff, although a year and a half is a long time I know.

What I do know is that this time, no chemicals, just meticulousness, cleaning, bagging and so forth, plus the Cimexa seems to be working better than any of the 5 PCOs we contracted in the first scenario.

19. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Dec 12 2018 15:48:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Sleepless2: Which I think is quite nice of them. Although where they get "...and compared to diatomaceous earth which cuts insects.." from I do not know. "Cuts insects" is not a good enough explanation of a mode of action I would suggest. But still I will overlook this.

I've spoken to people at diatomaceous earth production companies and the absorption of waxy (lipids) components of the exocuticle is the primary action, then abrasiveness. Yes, there is crystalline silica, too. Don't remember if 1% or as high as 3%. Cimexa has no crystalline component. As you have seen, it works faster than DE and not dangerous based on having no crystalline silica which upon chronic inhalation will cause silicosis.

20. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Dec 12 2018 20:41:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi ,
    I also use Cimexa ,placing it inside cracks in my wooden floors.I think it does a good job ...but ...I dont see any bb anymore but still being bitten..and those bits are def bb bites .Every weekend I spray by myself entire apartment using different chemical .Last two spray Ihad been using crossfire..but on Sunday I got bitten again ..usually in the same spots ..is it normal? Yesterday I use Bedlam Plus on my sofa and on weekend I will use Temprix .Is it good combination?
    Also I keep Nuvan strips in my front closet .One month from now I am going away for a week .Can I place those strips everywhere innthe apartment? Like a lot of them Do they do any good ?.The place is heated.
    Thank you for any advice .I have better and very bad days .. These bloody monsters .I have panic attacks because of them and sometimes its just like Iam ready to give up ...but I know I need to fight but how long???? Its been already 6 months .
    Thank you for any advice.

21. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Dec 13 2018 9:51:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Sleepless2,

Yes, of course. The phrase "effectively single celled dinosaurs" is more engaging to people than saying the calcified remains of a single celled organism. While it is a tone of phrase that you might not agree with yourself I have to write for an extremely broad readership and possibly understand the need to communicate from having seen more people connected with bed bugs than most.

I also seem to appreciate more than most that you cant just "trust what you are being told it is". When we started to switch to DE in 2012 we initially opted for the "aerosol version" which was not in fact DE, in 2014 something happened to that formulation and the product rapidly stopped working, in fact it seemed to encourage dispersal. This meant that we needed to access the "dry sources" and ordered about 20 different products online. Sadly very few of them were actually DE and many that were sold for bed bug control were in fact a mica form of silicon dioxide, which like talc does not work with bed bugs. We even found some products that looked correct but did not have any control and frankly we have no idea what they actually were. The good aspect of this is that I ended the day with a low trust in what people said in adverts and went back to the drawing board in terms of chemistry, part of this driven by the fact that Cimexa cant work in the way they claim because in a "captive on treated surface" test it works too quickly. As a UK citizen we don't have Cimexa so I had to work out what it actually was and what else its used for to create a stable hypothesis on how it actually works (now I just need access to a scanning electron microscope to prove it).

Now if you read between the lines in that last few sentences you will see that its another "adapted product" in that it has other worldly applications and as it happens one of them is popular enough that about 10% of the population of the western world would have come into contact with it. However, when you look at the precautions that they take when using it and explained how you are going to use it expect some shocked expressions.

I am glad you brought up "how" its applied, that is important but deeply saddened to then read you say "do a bit of prevention dusting". I can assure you no amount of application will ever have an impact on your preventing the introduction of bed bugs to your home so for the avoidance of doubt I need to be crystal clear that is not how any product should be used, especially if you are then going to take the line of health and safety and application.

I am sorry that your choice of pest controller and treatment option led you to all the wrong advice. If you actually read about what we do you will not see any mention of bagging and excessive cleaning in what we do. The fact is I do fully appreciate the impact that bed bugs have on peoples lives and while your circumstances have been tough you are far from alone and far from the worst scenario I have encountered. My job takes me into peoples lives at one of their lowest points and like an undertaker I try to be mindful and respectful of that. Equally I now work with two psychotherapists so that when needed we can make a referral to the appropriate help as well as having a "supervisor" type connection where my team can decompress when needed.

I can see that bed bug has been a difficult issue for you but by over complicating the solution and hanging on to that tightly wound ball of previous experience it does cloud you to a much simpler way of dealing with things. The cruellest trick of anxiety is that it generally makes for poor analytical decision making. Even if washing and bagging were helpful its not that hard to build an "off-site decon" facility as we have (in fact its super easy in the US) and the cost of processing that way is less than washing things, however we only need to use that facility for 1 in 30 clients and then only in the intermediate to advanced or dispersed cases.

If you are at all in doubt about airborne risk I would invite you to blow some smoke into a room and then throw a handful of sand or DE and see which settles fastest.

Sincerely hoping you see the logic.

David

22. Sleepless2

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Dec 13 2018 15:22:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear Iwantmylifeback

Im really sorry to hear about your situation. From what you say you sound like you´re in the US. There are lots of treatment options in the US and I would suggest that you look for a good PCO.
    What you are doing now sounds like a real mix of strategies and I dont think you should be using the Nuvan in the way you propose. This is a strongly toxic substance. My advice would be speak to experienced people, do not try and do this on your own.
    Having extreme anxiety can affect your ability to deal with this. Please remember that bedbugs do not bring disease. We have legions of small critters living on us feeding on bits of us, as part of natural body fauna. We can´t see them so we don´t think about them, but they are there. Generally they provide some benefit to us, the bedbugs don´t. I think the worst thing about the bedbugs is potentially spreading them to our family and friends, getting them in the car, or taking them to work.. so you should do everything you can to not do this.
    I wish you lots of luck and strength with your situation. I strongly suggest you get someone professional in asap!!

23. Sleepless2

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Dec 13 2018 15:43:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear David,

I appreciate your comments.
    I don´t think my situation past/present is worse/more extreme or less so than anyone elses, it just is what it is. And it wasn´t just 1 PCOs poor treatment. It was 5 different ones, that failed to solve the problem and cost thousands. But it was probably that very first one that created the huge problem, by sending them into the walls. We were fighting for 2 years before we just abandoned ship and everything went into storage.
    I appreciate what you say about anxiety. After getting the stuff out of storage and finding a bug under the bed, the first response is get everything washed and bagged. And yes, I felt like jumping out of the window myself.
    However I am familiar with your method, I have read what you promote. But I can´t do this, leave everything as it is and use passive monitors, remove, repeat etc. I understand how this could work. I do. If there have been no chemicals used to alter the bug behaviour it makes sense. However I cannot bear to do this.
    In the first infestation the nests were not on the bed or in the furniture around the bed. They were in the closets in my clothes.
    I will not risk the chance of passing these onto friends and family. Having them get in the car. Or at work.
    I would prefer to wash and bag, know that stuff is clean, simplify everything and then deal with it, which is what I am doing.
    Cimexa is partof my strategy.
    I have seen these rather ambiguous comments that you make about Cimexa and Im not sure what I am supposed to intuit from them. I am very careful when I use it. And I don´t use a lot. As for prevention, well, if I do move again, I know exactly what I will do. Well placed, DIY passive monitors with a puff of Cimexa inside, also down the sides of closets, into cracks. Think like a newly arrived bug into a home and put it there.
    So I do appreciate your input and your words, however like I have said this product is working for me. We´ve all got to go sometime. I was a smoker for 25 years. In fact getting the bugs again has driven me back to the tobacco. I think this causes more damage to my lungs than a bit of Cimexa ever could!

24. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Dec 13 2018 16:13:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Sleepless2,

Far from asking people to do nothing I ask them to remove as many of the bugs using methods that are immediately effect as possible. the more effort you put into that first pass and the more attention to detail you pay to following he avoidance advice the faster you resolve the problem.

If you truly use it sparingly and by that about 5g or less to treat a room then my only top up advice is rather than assuming the behaviour of a bed bug observe it. The wardrobe and the clothes in it are less likely to be the route in than sitting on a bed to take your shoes off.

I also agree with you for the most part with regards PCO's. Its sad really because I know some of the people who train them and I know they know better. I have put what I can into the public domain and help the way I do because I fully appreciate how bad it gets out there. My company still conducts over 6% of our work as second people to take on the job and sometimes its even more than that.

However, let me assure you that even in such cases which are less than idea the fastest solution in terms of time to eradication is using the methods I have outlined. Sadly it is increasingly obvious to me that in many cases it would be cheaper and more effective to fly experienced people in from outside of the country to get the job done than to rely on the local talent.

One of the things we have all be complicate in is not teaching people how to use powdered products correct and that because of the way that they work more is not better, it is in fact worse both for resolving the issue and peoples health. It's well risky than synthetic insecticides but it is not to be advocated for as a zero risk path.

Equally we need to find better ways of ensuring that what people are getting to use is what is correct for them to use and at times that also means legal for them to use.

I know it can seem hard but having faced and overcome more than a few issues in my life and there are still times when my mental health is greatly impacted I know that what I face and overcome always makes me a stronger person. That does not always mean you climb out of the well and sometimes you need to make drastic changes in order to rebalance things and be able to start to move forward again.

Yes bed bugs can have a strong grip on people but we always have the option to be conscious and mindful of that influence and not allow it to take control. If that resonates with you in any way and you would like to have a chat about this specific aspect via audio let me know.

David

25. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Dec 17 2018 19:30:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Sleepless2,thank you for your support.
    Unfortunately I am in postion that I can not use the professional treatment now .Done two back in August and I believe it did help but I myself had discovered the nest in my bedroom dresser .I could hire someone again but I cant .I need to deal with them myself.I hope You are lucky and zipping them up now .
    Thank you for tour advice but I will stick with mix of chemicals .Iam loosing my mind here so I dont even think about those chemicals poison affect on my health .

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,454 posts in 47,684 topics over 147 months by 21,014 of 21,340 members. Latest: neveragainCDMX, orangeoil143, Whatsnextmama