(7 posts)
  1. Fallthebedbugs

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 11:47:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I have a bed problem for sure. I have had these things professionally id'ed and even treated 4 times (with no help).

I recognize the common bed bug. You see lots of images on Google and they look like baby ticks you may find on a dog. I see these often at home and I can easily identify them now.

I have also been seeing things that are black, about 1mm long and thin. I wear dark blue socks and for a long time I thought it was just thread from my socks. Until I saw one move yesterday. I crushed it and there was blood everywhere at about 4am. I have tried taking pictures but they are too small to photograph properly. You won't be able to see anything in it so pointless to post.

Are these bed bugs at a different stage of development? Or do I have multiple problems?

On another note, I bought an expensive mattress cover because I haven't been able to sleep in days. This actually seems to have made things worse!! I got completely devoured last night.

2. thirdusername

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 12:46:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you in North America?

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. Fallthebedbugs

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 13:43:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes. Ontario, Canada.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 14:27:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Need to see a picture.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. Fallthebedbugs

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 15:00:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I will try again the next time I see one but they are so tiny I couldn't see anything in the picture. I deleted it now...

Any inklings towards what it could be? I could Google it and try to see if they is a match.

6. thirdusername

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Feb 12 2018 12:11:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Does it look like any of these?
    https://www.orkincanada.ca/pests/

7. Fallthebedbugs

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Tue Feb 13 2018 1:19:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the link. I went through those but didn't find a match. Unfortunately (or fortunately perhaps) I have not seen another in a few days. The best way I can describe it is that it is black, about 1mm long and thin. Kind of looks like a small piece of thread from your socks. The line between dark blue and black is pretty fine when you are looking at something so small.. that's why I thought that's what it was..

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

270,502 posts in 44,036 topics over 133 months by 19,282 of 19,911 members. Latest: trez1336, Aegis_, paulsinn