Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

different size bites?

(4 posts)
  1. buggyinastoria

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Jul 21 2008 11:30:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I was wondering if different bites (different sizes, different itch levels) have anything to do with the size of the bedbugs?
    Im wondering because I have two super small bites now that dont really itch, whereas a week ago I was getting larger bites that itched a lot more.

Anyone have any thoughts or am I deluding myself into thinking the larger, older bugs have been killed and the newer bites are from recently hatched eggs?

2. Itchybutdealing

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Jul 21 2008 12:11:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I have had this experience also.

3. buggedoff

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Jul 21 2008 12:22:26
    #

Login to Send PM

me too...and just posted another string about this exact same thing. someone please help!

4. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Jul 21 2008 13:15:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been wondering the same thing. I did check out this thread:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/question-about-bite-reactions

which seems to imply that the size of the bug doing the biting doesn't affect the size of the bite.

I've been so curious because Thursday of this week will be four weeks since treatment, and I haven't had any large bites since then. I've had a few small itchy spots, but it's so hard to tell if that's like razor burn on my legs (which I get all the time) or what. I'm figuring that bties will be the only indicator that any eggs survived and nymphs hatched and are feeding, but I have wondered if the bites would be smaller because less of the saliva that we react to had been injected.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,668 posts in 45,062 topics over 137 months by 19,786 of 20,520 members. Latest: jennm11, jes510, Jessica107