Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Different bite reaction

(6 posts)
  1. freakingout123

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Feb 2 2018 8:09:34
    #

Login to Send PM

For those of you that have had more than one infestation, did you have the same reaction to bites both times? I had them about 8 years ago and got mosquito looking bites that were extremely itchy and lasted days to weeks. This time around (haven't found evidence yet) the bites are small, itch for a short time and disappear within a day or so. Strange that the reaction would be different. Anyone have a simular reaction?

2. HifromChi

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Feb 2 2018 11:16:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I've continually have small bumps appear on my neck, chest, arms and back since ridding myself of my infestation at the end of 2016. I know I am officially cleared of the infestation, caught 2 weeks in, transmission was a new mattress and box spring delivery via an infested delivery truck. My skin has never returned to the normal it was before the bites, my bites were like mosquito bites as well, so incredibly itchy I scratched so much that I bruised my skin, and they lasted for weeks. These new bumps, not so much. They appear in the general areas where I had bites previously, but are the size of a pinhead, itch very minimally and disappear in a couple of days. I'm not sure if there's a connection to the bites and these bumps, but since I had such a severe reaction to them, I'm thinking it changed the dynamic of my skin, not it reacts to just about everything.

If it has been months since this has been going on, and you've been inspected for bed bugs and can't find any evidence, then I'm going to suggest that your reactions could be something similar to mine. It has been 1.5 years since my ordeal and I am still bug free, unfortunately, my skin is a continuing casualty.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Feb 2 2018 11:23:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Remember that stress can also have a hand in skin reactions. That sucks that both of you are experiencing bite like symptoms without any insects biting you.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  4. HifromChi

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Feb 2 2018 11:32:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh stress is definitely a contributor in my case, I was an absolute wreck when I was going through my infestation, and throw lack of sleep in there with it, and it was the perfect storm for stress related rashes and what not, that has plagued me all of my life.

I still get on edge, and still check often, but I know what I'm experiencing is just really really over sensitive skin, it was sensitive before, but post bites, it unfortunately got worse. If anyone ever figures out the connection and/or why, please let me know!

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Feb 2 2018 12:16:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Sometimes old bites flare up when being bitten somewhere new. Sometimes there are general flareups due to a reaction to another allergen but must react in a similar series of events or pathways.
    You can go for years with absolutely no reaction and then a bed bug bite might elicit a reaction.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. bitethebullet

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Feb 2 2018 12:37:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I was primarily bitten on my wrists and ankles...and there were probably over 80 bites on my body (we stayed somewhere with a horrifying infestation and didn’t know).

My wrists and fingers still get red dots that itch for a day and then disappear. A lot of it is from me hyperfocusing on an itch when it happens. But yeah, when I first got them they itched for two weeks. In my experience old bites can act up, and it will feel different as I have no new bites.

“I’ve got edge!”

“You’re about as edgy as a satsuma.”

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,868 posts in 45,898 topics over 140 months by 20,212 of 21,020 members. Latest: Lima Rosa, afraidofbugs18, Bbt25