Did I win? When to shout all clear?

(5 posts)
  1. BuggeredOff

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Jun 13 2018 8:38:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I posted a couple weeks ago about moving. I was doing my final cleaning on our apartment after discarding our highly infested couch. Infestation had started there about 1.5 years prior. They came from the adjoining unit through the walls and outlets. Then of course spread to our bed. We didn't know at first what we were dealing with. I was pregnant and reacting horribly to the bites. Would get swelling, hard lumps, oozing, and rash.

After some half ass "treatment" from maintenance, we realized we were on our own. We actually did pretty well using a new contact spray by Ortho, vacuuming, and de to keep them at bay at least.

We moved a little over 2 weeks ago. Hot dried all fabrics straight from bags, and did the best we could with items that couldn't be put in the dryer. Furniture that was kept was inspected and then thoroughly sprayed and cleaned with the persil mix and lightly dusted cracks and crevices with Cimexa outside before being brought in. All baseboards and cracks were treated at the new place with Cimexa before anything came in.

The couch was burned as it was too hard to treat. So many eggs! Mattress and box springs got new encasements and frame was treated as posted above.

Due to the central air not working when we first moved in, we weren't sleeping in the bedroom on the treated bed. Plus to be honest, I was scared. Husband doesn't react at all to bites. I am super reactive.

Last night was the first night sleeping on the bed. I was scared as I woke up, my itching and swelling happens almost immediately. No bites!!!! I figure after two weeks if there were any live ones, they would be super hungry and wanting to feast.

Does this sound correct? Would they have come out in full force to devour me? Did we do it? Did we actually move without bringing the devils with us? Is it too soon to shout it out? The only bed bugs I have seen is one dead adult and one cast skin. Both found in the dryer from a load of clothes that had been stored away before the move.

2. Bug Buffet

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Jun 13 2018 22:31:04
    #

Login to Send PM

You may want to purchase some bed bug monitors; Packtite makes some of the best ones, but you can make your own with some cardboard (do a search here for DIY monitors - how to make them and the best places to put them). Check them 1-2X/month, as well as checking for fecal stains and shed skins.

3. BuggeredOff

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Jun 14 2018 9:13:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Bug Buffet - 10 hours ago  » 
    You may want to purchase some bed bug monitors; Packtite makes some of the best ones, but you can make your own with some cardboard (do a search here for DIY monitors - how to make them and the best places to put them). Check them 1-2X/month, as well as checking for fecal stains and shed skins.

Packtite monitors are on the way. For now I have some Trapper Max glue boards on the bed legs.

Unfortunately, I found a bug this morning. I need to post for id to be sure, bit I'm almost certain it is an adult male, unfed. I have no bites still, but it was on my husbands side who does not react. Of course I'll take a lone unfed male over a fed female any day. Ugh. Seriously though, I just want to scream.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Jun 14 2018 10:47:58
    #

Login to Send PM

You may have a few that made it through the moving and cleaning process. Continue with Cimexa and use those monitors when they arrive.
    It could be a few bugs that were just in odd locations, they're slowly making their way to you. You're almost in the clear, stay vigilant and kill the last few remaining bugs.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  5. BuggeredOff

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Jun 14 2018 11:49:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you again. Especially for the last part. It helps give me hope and thank you again for the id on the other post. Very much appreciated.

BigDummy - 59 minutes ago  » 
    You may have a few that made it through the moving and cleaning process. Continue with Cimexa and use those monitors when they arrive.
    It could be a few bugs that were just in odd locations, they're slowly making their way to you. You're almost in the clear, stay vigilant and kill the last few remaining bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,789 posts in 45,873 topics over 139 months by 20,200 of 21,005 members. Latest: Bed-Bug-Beyond, Greg7707, Krogerss