Did I make the right choice? Reliable vs Vapamore

(10 posts)
  1. TThelp

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Jan 4 2010 17:55:09
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I ordered a steamer. I wanted to make the right choice as this is a BIG investement for us--and of course b/c I've got to rid ourselves of these nasty suckers!
    I learned alot on here. And, I shopped around.
    I have the Reliable T630 on order. I found it for the best price I could. I asked the retailer what the difference was in the T630 and T730 since the 730 runs about $50 more and is listed with slightly LESS power. They didn't know, so I ordered the T630.
    BTW, the T730 has continuous steam--I've since learned. That would be nice, I think.

Now, I see this:
    http://www.govacuum.com/vapor-steam-cleaners-comparison-table.html

Scroll down. Look what they are saying about the Vapormore (mentioned here on bb too) versus the Reliable! YIKES! I think I should have ordered it and saved $200. It sounds BETTER.

What's everyones input?

TIA

2. wchicago

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Jan 4 2010 18:20:59
    #

Login to Send PM

i love my vapormore. my new pco does too. i also love my new pco. they treated the sofas last week, i then had to be "bait" by sitting on the sofas to get them moving into the poisons, but i was getting bitten quite a bit so emailed the ento at new place to see if i could sit next to the sofas instead of on them -and his response was to send out a tech today to steam the sofas to knock back the biters, then re treat with dust. 2 hours of steaming plus another dust. no charge. anyway, the tech ended up using the vapormore <my steamer> instead of his because he said he liked the trigger more.
    he also showed me how to steam most effectively and where to steam on the sofa and in the frame. good guy. he had bed bugs himself once <the tech> so was sympathetic. he also said he thought maybe my vapormore seemed hotter than his steamer, and that it needed refills less often --so that comparison chart was interesting! it IS hotter than the reliable, and steams for longer. but i dunno, i've never used a reliable. but i do love my vapormore, so if folks are hesitant about the cheaper price -don't be! its only flaw is that it spits water for maybe 10-30 sec when you first pull the trigger before it emits the dry steam. but i just let it spit on a towel and then steam.

3. TThelp

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Jan 4 2010 18:38:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the input!

I'm not sure what to do. They have a good return policy with return shipping free! Maybe I should just immediatly return ship it once it comes to exchange for the Vapormore. . .or maybe I'll try out the Reliable first. Then decide if I want to exchange it. The short cord sounds terrible. esp since I have three in diapers and really don't have time to keep moving and reheating. I don't think I want to steam when any of them are up and about. They could get burned so easily! And, the time that they are all asleep at the same time is very limited.
    Not to mention the $200! We don't really have the money for all this! so the savings would be great!

Does the Vapormore have a wide enough attachment like recommended here for bb steaming?

hmmmm. . .what to do? seems like if I try the Reliable out, it will be a pain to get it all put back together just so to avoid them claiming they have to charge me the restocking fee.

Who here has the Reliable? Does it spit water too? How do you like it?

TIA

4. TThelp

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Jan 4 2010 18:41:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Also: see the review on the Vapamore on bedbugger Amazon store in the useful stuff section. Wow! She did a detailed review of several steamers, these included.
    Vapamore seems to be the winner.
    not sure what to do. just want these suckers gone!

5. wchicago

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Jan 4 2010 18:49:37
    #

Login to Send PM

the vapormore has a zillion attachments <official count>
    it has everything from a wee pressure jet(which is awesome for tile grout but too much steam pressure for bedbugs) to a bunch of mid sized attachments to a very wide floor attachment, but the floor attachment has brushes so the jets can't get as close to what you're steaming (and also, brushes = bad for bb steaming) so the one i use for bb steaming that my PCO also told me to use is the upholstery/clothes steaming attachment with a cloth on it. it looks like the same size and type of attachment jeff white uses in his steaming video here
    http://tv.bedbugcentral.com/index.php/2008/10/bbctv-episode-8-steam-treatment-for-bed-bugs/

6. marigold

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jan 21 2010 14:40:39
    #

Login to Send PM

TThelp - 2 weeks ago  » 
    TIA

I have the Reliable. It does spit water, or kind of drips it out of one side of the attachements or with no attachements. I use a towel to catch this and find the things I steam do not end up wet. Overall it seems like a good steamer but I am concerned about moisture leading to mould and the price was very steep.

The company has good customer service and offered to look at my steamer if I brought it in, but I couldn't easily get to where they are (here, in Toronto) and it didn't sound like an abnormal amount of dripping to them.

7. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jan 21 2010 20:33:51
    #

Login to Send PM

A few months back someone was hesitating to move to Chicago because KQ didn't live there. WChicago has found a PCO who not only
    treats couches, but actually sounds helpful. Wow!

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  8. Going Mental

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Apr 15 2012 19:48:59
    #

Login to Send PM

marigold - 2 years ago  » 

TThelp - 2 weeks ago  » 
    TIA

I have the Reliable. It does spit water, or kind of drips it out of one side of the attachements or with no attachements. I use a towel to catch this and find the things I steam do not end up wet. Overall it seems like a good steamer but I am concerned about moisture leading to mould and the price was very steep.
    The company has good customer service and offered to look at my steamer if I brought it in, but I couldn't easily get to where they are (here, in Toronto) and it didn't sound like an abnormal amount of dripping to them.

I too purchased the Reliable from a place in Toronto. I wanted to use it to steam clothes I couldn't dry on high. The cord is very short so if you can afford something else I would recommend it. I didn't know I should rather get a dry steamer over a wet steamer but now I have it so I guess I am a bit stuck

9. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Apr 15 2012 21:16:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Assuming that your steamer adequately produces steam, the more important factor is that you learn how to use it effectively !

There may be some resources available on this site. If not, send me a PM and I will try to help.

paul b.

10. killdienow

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Apr 15 2012 23:59:30
    #

Login to Send PM

i just used vapamore today for first time. i got it because killerqueen recommended it and the write up comparison. make sure you get the primo version. i got it from govacuum. good service and 60 day return policy. it was still a little moist but its steam!
    felt good to finally start the steam project.

if price is main point, noone complains abt vapamore...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982