Diatomaceous Earth Questions

(2 posts)
  1. drewlizard

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri May 17 2013 19:14:25
    #

Login to Send PM

http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Diatomaceous-lbs-Powder/dp/B001THVH9G/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1368835332&sr=8-6&keywords=diatomaceous+earth+food+grade

I read about this while researching and saw this on amazon. Many ppl who have bed bugs said diatomaceous earth works for it but some say it doesn't. Those reviews that say it works for bed bugs also are amazon verified purchase... which means its legit right?

This seems to be very cheap $16 for it and lot of good reviews. People mention how bug spray didn't do anything yet this worked for them. Can people here give me their opinion?

1. Also, is it easy/hard to apply? One person mentioned you need to buy this to apply it

2. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SW52CE/ref=gno_cart_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A269N201SWOEB6

Is this necessary or not? I seen some ppl mention you could just use a spoon and im confused what is the purpose of this.

3. So basically if i have bed bugs that bite me when i sleep on my bed at night, then just take a spoon and pour this surrounding my bed? Some ppl mention put it on each of the 4 legs on your bed... however... i dont have that The thing that supports my mattress is a box so how would i do this?
    People say it looks like flour so i just put this around my bed? Do i put this under my mattress or anywhere near there?Basically its like flour and i just put it everywhere in that i suspect it has bedbugs?

4. Also, how long does one leave these things there for before you clean it up? Do you clean it up once ever week or month and then pour more?

5. Also, i heard ppl mention you could just pour it everywhere and then go to bed etc. So this doesn't affect your smelling health at all?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat May 18 2013 1:56:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Please read the DE FAQ as it answers a number of your questions. DE should not be heavily applied (so "pour it everywhere" is not a good plan). The bellows duster is something some have found useful, but is not a requirement. Others use a makeup brush.

Again, please read the FAQ.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,411 posts in 48,816 topics over 151 months by 21,435 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson