Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Diatomaceous Earth or Propoxur on bed legs?

(6 posts)
  1. i hate buggs

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jun 9 2013 8:54:00
    #

Login to Send PM

What would be more effective to put the leg of my cot in ????

1...Trays with dusting of Diatomaceous Earth ?

2...Trays with mineral oil ?

3....Trays with Propoxur sprayed on them ?

2. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jun 11 2013 2:48:13
    #

Login to Send PM

can't you put them in climb ups with only the talc powder?

propoxur is extremely toxic and gives nasty fumes, and it's not always effective for bedbugs

Andrea
    not a PCO
    Spinal Cord Injury Advocacy/Volunteer
  3. i hate buggs

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jun 11 2013 14:03:19
    #

Login to Send PM

The climb ups dont fit because of the way the legs are shaped so I need pans.............so what do you recommend I use in the pans.............Thank you

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jun 11 2013 14:24:39
    #

Login to Send PM

What you're trying to do -- "isolating the bed" is actually quite controversial and not the only way to proceed. Some experts suggest it may spread your bed bugs around the home and make them harder to treat. This may be especially true if you apply pesticides in the way you're describing.

Keeping bed bugs away from your bed may seem like a great idea, but the bed bugs will still be biting you in your home.

See this FAQ for more on the pros and cons of isolating the bed, and some alternatives.

Are you getting professional treatment? (I can't recall all of your earlier details.). If so, it might be best to use another kind of bed bug monitor, and leave the treatment to someone experienced.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. i hate buggs

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jun 11 2013 14:32:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes I am got treated by a pco and I just wanted to make sure when the little so and so's climb up to bite me they get a hit of something cuz it has taken forever to find the harborage (and hopefully it is) and to even convince the landlord and pco that I even had them still.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jun 11 2013 14:36:56
    #

Login to Send PM

You're probably best off just going with the treatment provided. You don't want to do something that's going to cause them to scatter.

The PCO should be laying down pesticides in such a way that they will cross them when they come out to feed.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,731 posts in 50,024 topics over 155 months by 21,873 of 22,356 members. Latest: citycpap, AnxiousAngela1989, weluckyfew201