Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Details on my supposed 'One and Done' treatment.

(13 posts)
  1. confusedaboutthis

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 17 2011 16:10:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Afternoon.

I was treated the past Thursday for bedbugs. The PCO insisted it would be a one-time treatment, and that the situation should clear up over a few weeks as the residuals get to work. I am obviously incredibly skeptical. Here is the list of products that were used:

Bedlam
    CB 80
    Exciter
    Gentrol IGR
    Phantom Press
    Temprid SC
    Tempo Dust

Does this combination strike anyone as unique? What about this combination could possibly make it so that one treatment is enough?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 17 2011 18:46:22
    #

Login to Send PM

How much evidence of bed bugs was present?

In most cases once is not enough.

Did the PMP spend hours finding and eliminating harborages, removing as many bugs and eggs as possible? If so, perhaps they can do it in one. However, that is extremely unusual from what I gather.

If they're relying on the fact that they used a number of residuals, I would be doubtful it's enough. If bites or sightings persist, you need a retreatment (usually done in 10-14 days). Monitoring (you can find links to FAQS about various monitors in the Useful Stuff page) may help you determine if you need more treatments.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. confusedaboutthis

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 17 2011 20:09:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Evidence was next to none, and any that I found, or the PCO found, was basically inconclusive.
    I found what I believe is an egg (PCO believes it is as well) 12 days ago that I have in a jar - it has not hatched. The egg was found on my sheets, which is atypical I gather.
    The PCO noted fecal stains on my couch. All 4 wooden legs have a number of black spots, about 10-15 each. The spots do no smear with water or saliva, and no not scrape off until I break through the finish.
    I have not seen a single bug, cast, or blood stain on my sheets, mattress, boxspring, or pillow.
    The only thing that points to BBs is the bites. I wake up with lots of bites, every morning. So many spots that I would think if a dozen buggies are feeding on me at night I would have seen some sort of conclusive evidence by now! It was not a gradual buildup of bites, it was one night with a few, the next night with a few, then tons.
    All of this has me pretty skeptical that I even have them, and perhaps the PCO is capitalizing on a possible situation.
    I'm also scheduling an appointment with a dermatologist to see if any light can be shed..

4. confusedaboutthis

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 18 2011 20:09:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone else care to weigh in? Would love feedback.

5. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 18 2011 22:04:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Makes me think you have carpet beetles and are having a bad allergic reaction to them... or mites.

But, what do I know, I'm just a paranoid bug sufferer.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 18 2011 23:36:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Some experts here may be able to say something about your suspected fecal stains, if you post a photo. (I am not an expert!)

7. confusedaboutthis

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 18 2011 23:36:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I did find a carpet beetle shed in the plastic box spring edge protectors, but who knows.. the box spring is ~10 yrs old, could have been long since left by a beetle.

8. confusedaboutthis

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 22 2011 20:30:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Going to bump this one last time for input. =)

9. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 22 2011 22:28:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi confusedaboutthis... I don't really have any advice, more like a question. We are going to have treatment soon and my exterminator also is going to do a " one and done" . My question is, had ur " one and done" treatment worked? I'm very worried about signing a contract because I think our BB problem is way past the light level infestation and I'm sure once is not going to b enuff. But my 5yr old is sooooo bitten, I HAVE to have something done. So has it worked for u at all? Thanks in advance.

10. confusedaboutthis

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 22 2011 23:41:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hard to tell so far.. haven't seen any dead bugs.. Still getting 'bit'.. even though they could be days old reactions.. still see no concrete evidence. Every aspect is a harrowing question mark. =(

11. confusedaboutthis

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 22 2011 23:42:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Though my rashes have calmed down in the past 3 days..

12. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 23 2011 0:42:37
    #

Login to Send PM

It doesn't sound like you have bed bugs to me. Post a picture of the "fecal" traces and "egg" you found.

For the record 80% of the people who call me for "bites" don't have bed bugs.

The product list is not the question here. The fact that you have bed bugs to begin with is.

And I'm sure you don't have a carpet beetle problem. You would see more evidence of that for sure.

13. confusedaboutthis

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 26 2011 22:39:30
    #

Login to Send PM

The saga continues.

I wish I could produce photos, but I trashed my camera in my prep phase. Thought about bringing the egg into my lab to take a microscope photo, but I would have a number of people inquiring about what I was doing. =)

I went to see a doctor, she said 'It sounds and looks like scabies'. I do, in fact, have what appears to be track marks. She gave me an Rx for cream. Two days after application I have black dots at the end of a few tracks, which indicates dead mites.

Still..

I called my PCO, as the invoice stated "box spring looks to be the source of infestation", and I wanted to know exactly why. He stated "I saw 5 or 6 adults crawling around when I sprayed".

Don't know who to believe. It is possible the PCO is a hack (and a liar). It is possible the doctor misdiagnosed. Only time will tell. Still no BB signs, despite treatment and viligant housekeeping.

I just hope to be able to make it home for Thanksgiving without worries of bringing some plague with me! =)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,190 posts in 50,134 topics over 155 months by 21,917 of 22,411 members. Latest: ij430jf, patbb, Peachyy92