Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Desperately need advice, chronic hives and bed bugs!!

(5 posts)
  1. Miggle

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Tue Nov 13 2018 11:19:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone, I am driving myself insane and I really, really need advice.

So about 2 months ago now, my roommate discovered bedbugs. You all know the drill of dealing with them. It was insane but we took EVERYTHING out. Anyway, they did a spray, then did another one 2 weeks later. Here’s the thing, I have chronic hives, there was never a point where I felt like I was being bit, except for one bite that stayed a couple days and had a pinprick scab over it. They also, NEVER found a live bug. We saw a few and killed them, but we never saw a single big living in the mattresses, or bed frame. The living ones were found in strange places like the walls or ceiling. She even found dead ones in her books that were sitting on a high shelf on her wall. After the second treatment, they confirmed no bugs. Our mattresses were encased, I had climb up, and even after the first treatment , I only saw one bug in the interceptors and after that nothing for two weeks. But then my roommate quit her job and we had to move. Now, I’m in a new place, over a month after the last spray where we saw nothing, and I found a blood spot on my bed and FREAKED. I’m also now paranoid that some of the hives ( I’ve had these for 8 years, so there just normal things I have to live with) are actually bed bugs bites but I can’t tel because they look and behave like pretty normal hives. I haven’t seen any bugs, any casings, and black marks, etc. I’ve had a few spots where I’ve had hives like 3 in a row and now I’ve found marks on my leg that are 3 in a row that have little pinprick scans but the hives have gone down? So, I don’t know if I’m just living with bed bug paranoia acted having them, or if this is something bad. Here’s a picture of the marks. I know you can’t identidfy bed bug bites really, but maybe you could tell me if this looks and sounds suspicious? If you think I’m being paranoid? I wake up every day and check for black marks or dead bugs, I’m contantany checking under or around my bed, I checked the dresser, etc. any advice at all is helpful, please

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 11 months ago
    Tue Nov 13 2018 11:25:09
    #

Login to Send PM

It sounds like it may have been book lice, just a bad call on the ID. The three in a row BS is just that, bed bugs are neither tool users nor artists.

3. Miggle

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Tue Nov 13 2018 11:36:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Maybe, but the bugs we found on the wall definitely had blood in them. I’m trying not to panic:(

4. Miggle

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Tue Nov 13 2018 11:40:06
    #

Login to Send PM

https://ibb.co/iWFsN0

https://ibb.co/gMrovL

https://ibb.co/mc1A9f

These are the images of what I have... I don’t know if these look like bug bites or not, I’m just driving myself crazy over it

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 months ago
    Tue Nov 13 2018 23:00:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi— no one can ID skin reactions as bed bug bites, not even a dermatologist. Sorry. You need to look for visual signs (fecal stains are often the first thing people can find).

Note your links did not work so I removed the formatting tags. If you just paste the URL in it will create a link.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,827 posts in 49,817 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316