Desperate for help, have a 2 mo baby

(3 posts)
  1. Bunnybunny

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Feb 26 2018 4:25:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Three days ago I woke up with 3 itchy bites - two on my belly and one on my thigh. Husband wasn’t bit.

The next night, I wore leggings, socks and a long sleeve, and had no bites. My husband however was bit all over, on his torso, legs and arms, shown in the picture below (he sleeps with just boxers on). He had so many, it’s hard to see any patterns (pic below).

We use a furry microfiber mattress pad and blanket, so it’s hard to look for other bed bug signs. We did check the sheet thats under the mattress pad and the mattress, and both were super clean.

Yesterday, my husband took the blanket and mattress pad outside, shook off any bugs(?) and dust, and put them in trash bags. He was actually bit on his finger when he was doing this.

After switching our blanket, we didn’t get any bites the following night. We assumed it was something with the blanket, so we laundered the bedding.

Today we are using our clean bedding again, but it’s 3 am and I can’t sleep because I’ve got a few new bites - they are pretty randomly spread apart. I did get three more on my thigh, but they’re at least 3-4 inches from each other. I’ve been shining the flashlight on myself and thr bed every time I think I feel something/randomly, but absolutely nothing. I feel like I’m going crazy.

I have a two month old baby, which makes the whole situation worse. I know hiring an exterminator to do an inspection would be the best option, but we can’t afford it.

The baby and I leave the house only once a week or so (last time was last week). My husband only goes back n forth to work. He does commute by train, but seats are leather and very clean. I know that doesn’t mean bugs don’t exist but we’ve both been using the train for years without issues. We don’t have any pets.

I know it’s hard to identify or guess if these are bed bugs or not, but I’m desperate and am grateful for any advice.

2. tripturnedintoanightmare

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Feb 26 2018 8:53:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I feel for you bunny bunny, my 5 year old and myself are getting bitten too and I feel so desperate too. Thinking about not being able to protect your child is just the worse. I hope for you it's not bedbugs but maybe something else. Good luck

3. Bunnybunny

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Feb 28 2018 9:58:34
    #

Login to Send PM

tripturnedintoanightmare - 2 days ago  » 
    I feel for you bunny bunny, my 5 year old and myself are getting bitten too and I feel so desperate too. Thinking about not being able to protect your child is just the worse. I hope for you it's not bedbugs but maybe something else. Good luck

It is the worst! I’ve come to the conclusion that ours is bed bugs, but thankfully I think there are only a few. I hope your issue gets resolved soon too, good luck!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,447 posts in 46,579 topics over 142 months by 20,544 of 21,410 members. Latest: itchymama4, PrismArc, unclejohn