Demoralized

(2 posts)
  1. calibugs

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Sat Aug 11 2018 3:44:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Discovered a whole nest of bed bugs under our mattress about 7 weeks ago. Went through the whole process of washing all our clothes, bagging everything we own, and basically emptying our entire upstairs and living room. Pest control company has done three treatments. After the third one they said they were done. Told us we could start unbagging things and living "normally" again. I'm paranoid so I wanted to wait until a dog came through and inspected the place to make sure no bugs were hiding. I still check the bed and the couch every day and haven't seen anything for about two weeks. I was starting to relax. But tonight my boyfriend happened to take off his socks while siting next to me. His feet are *covered* in bites. He told me they were old, but once I pointed out how many there were he admitted they were probably new. So we tear the bed apart again and under the mattress is a full grown and nicely fed bed bug, happily running around. Several fecal spots on the encasement and the bed frame that weren't there a few days ago. Come on, man!! We were supposed to be done with this! How many more of those little pests are hiding around the house? The other two roommates just moved out as their lease is ending. How are we supposed to find new roommates? "It's a lovely place, big backyard, by the way there's an active bed bug infestation". I know it hasn't really been that long and some people have it much worse, but jeez. I'm so tired of this and finding that bug after two weeks of calm has been a big blow. I want to be done with this.

2. Bug Buffet

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Sat Aug 11 2018 8:56:13
    #

Login to Send PM

After you captured the bug and called the pest control company, what did they say? How long is the treatment warranty? What does your contract state?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,535 posts in 45,810 topics over 139 months by 20,174 of 20,973 members. Latest: busbugs, jklyczek, Thisguy97