Demon Pesticide Question

(3 posts)
  1. DontCallMeLindsay

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Sep 10 2010 15:36:50
    #

Login to Send PM

My landlord contracted a PCO that I told him wouldn't be effective. When I spoke with the PCO on the phone and asked him to recommend a brand of mattress encasements, he said that he couldn't because he had "just learned about them through the company newsletter that morning" and "they must be brand new or something." After that conversation, I tried to convince my landlord to consider other companies, but he wouldn't.

So here's the situation. My apartment has been sprayed by this PCO with a substance called Demon. I've done a little research and found that it isn't meant for killing BBs at all. Not only that, but it isn't meant for indoor broadcasting; it is only meant for cracks, crevices, and spot treatment. I know that it has been sprayed all over my apartment. My couch (new) has been HEAVILY sprayed (according to the PCO). My mattress (also new...and expensive) has been sprayed on the seams. I think that my carpet has been generally sprayed, but I'm not 100% sure of that. How dangerous is this stuff? Should I throw my couch out? I currently have a comforter lying over it so that I can still use it. Is that enough? What about my bed? I sleep with my feet hanging over the end of the bed (it's strange, I know), so my legs will definitely touch the seam every night. Also, I have a cat. Do I need to be boarding him? Is he in danger?

Please help! I need all the advice I can!

2. Kumah37

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jun 22 2011 12:29:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I had our townhouse done by the same product-did it work for you? We only are 2 weeks in now. Please let me know-thank you

3. blargg

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jun 22 2011 22:02:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm curious too, as I use this around the baseboards of my home for general pest control... No pets here though.
    Hope this bump helps!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,275 posts in 50,155 topics over 155 months by 21,924 of 22,420 members. Latest: duracell, Parawail, Quiltergirl