Define "Clutter"?

(8 posts)
  1. pinkthumbnail

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 12 2013 21:54:17
    #

Login to Send PM

So it's been a pretty hectic week since I found a dead bed bug in my apartment. My LL is being super helpful - he called pest control immediately, came up and visually confirmed for himself that the bug was a bed bug, and has put up with my incessant calling to ask a million questions. A PCO is coming in on Thursday (Happy Valentine's Day!), so we have to vacate the unit from 9-5. On the prep sheet, it says to remove all clutter off floors and away from walls. What the heck do they mean by "clutter"? Also, it says to bag all "other items" in the section for the bedroom, but not the living room. Should I bag anyway to be on the safe side?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 1:02:40
    #

Login to Send PM

You should really ask the PCO. The reason is that they can refuse to treat or try and claim you're not cooperating if you don't do what they asked, so you want to make sure you get it right.

PCO's prep instructions and what they expect vary widely. Many don't require bagging, and others have a variation on bagging (see this FAQ "should I bag all my stuff?", which may help you with some additional questions you should ask).

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. pinkthumbnail

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 8:25:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I have the prep sheet, but I can't really ask the PCO as my LL is the one setting everything up and when I asked who they were using he said they use a few different ones.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 10:12:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you explain to your LL that you have questions about prep and want to make sure the process is as efficient as possible I am sure they will understand why you need to talk to them in advance.

We all have different requirements, for example I am a no prep person as I prefer to tackle things using my own logic and systematic approach.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  5. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 22:56:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Bumping since KQ is online right now.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  6. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Feb 15 2013 8:02:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Sometimes clutter reaches a point where people just have too much stuff and treatment efforts are compromised. Sometimes they have accumulated so much that control can not be achieved. And then there is hording.

7. cazzap06

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 19 2013 23:23:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Yup Winston & thanks for this thread pinkthumbnail

I have a house ram packed full of 'stuff'

Am not an outrageous hoarder , but was buying lots of toys and presents for my daughters , family and Grandkids most of which I did not end up giving to them this year anyway coz of the bed bugs

I have slowly started packing things away in plastic boxes and feel SO much better now there has been a bit of 'progress' in clearing my clutter

Doing it alone I often do not feel motivated but recently all I want to do is pack things away and bag things up and am going to buy some thick plastic and tape for the larger items

It is all good steps as part of my downsizing move anyway , but the clutter freaks me out as in the amount of possible hiding places and have / had lots of cardboard which I hate now

Glad am under no real pressure from anyone else to get rid off / pack away my stuff , it is something I just want to do as part of this whole process

Still have not found one lurking in the corner of a cardboard box etc but am concentrating more on 'clearing' than inspecting every nook and cranny of the cardboard I am putting out for recycling..

It is going to be a busy week for me and weeks ahead too but am finally making some leeway in sorting out my 'stuff'

( Got loads of stuff like pictures , candles , cushions , candelabras , light fittings etc etc I had bought for the new place for before this even happened , so would have to pack for a move at some point anyway )

The 'clearing' has been therapeutic for me , less places for them to hide , since my place was NOT inspected properly at all and my next big thing is getting rid of my furniture and having totally 'clear' rooms with everything packed in plastic boxes and I plan to start sleeping on a blow up bed soon

At least any treatment can then 'get' to things and even the PCO who says I do not have them even though am still currently being bitten said he could come and do a spray once it is all cleared which would be good ( well , if he sprays more than just the actual bed which is all he used to do anyway! Not because of the clutter , just because that is all they do as council 'policy' , pop in , quick spray of bed , no inspection of anywhere else at all ever , then off! lol )

Am planning on doing a home swap and I want to make sure this place is 100% bed bug free before I move ( somehow ) but for me there is a huge amount to be done and it is step by step although sometimes it seems I have the energy to make BIG steps which is a positive thing since this has been going on for 5 months now!

8. cazzap06

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 19 2013 23:42:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I plan to treat any of the stuff I will use once moved but leave majority of stuff in the sealed plastic boxes for a year and a half ++

Minimal living at its best from now on ( she says! ) lol

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,427 posts in 49,259 topics over 152 months by 21,590 of 22,013 members. Latest: Ddukes, acidburn, metropest