Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Success Stories

Declaring cautious victory!

(8 posts)
  1. freakedoutandbroke

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jan 21 2010 23:42:02
    #

Login to Send PM

So we are at the 38 day mark with no bites, no evidence, no bug sightings. We had a very low-grade case of the BBs... when we moved in, there was no evidence of a prior infestation. We found one bug on the comforter that first morning. Found some fecal spots and possible bites (no more than 6 bites total) after that but we had an exterminator come out twice. After the first treatment, he found no evidence but sprayed again. Still had some bites/spots... unless all my symptoms/finds were psychological (possible, considering how neurotic I got) they weren't gone completely. After the second treatment, it all tapered off. The last time I had a definite bite was Dec. 14th.

So, we're starting to live more "normally" now. Not necessarily wearing all white to bed, not showering twice a day anymore... hubby was fed up with the closet situation, especially since he has to wear dress shirts/slacks each day, and started hanging up his clothes rather than living out of ziplocks.

I am feeling less neurotic. It is starting to feel like home, not a war zone... that's the best part. Having hubby here with me is a huge help, since he helped me to be more reasonable about the whole situation. I think we were blessed to find the infestation day 1 in the new place (and actually, I still think it came from the Uhaul, not the apartment) and start the battle hard and fast right away.

Having researched these monsters, I know that it's totally possible that they are NOT gone, and they could come back, but I refuse to live out of plastic bags for the rest of my life, and live in fear. So... going to start unpacking the closet tomorrow. If the BBs come back, I'll just have a lot of laundry to do. But I already know the drill. The second time wouldn't be as bad.

Anyhow, maybe you guys will think I'm getting careless or giving up, but I have to say I feel a LOT healthier in my head.

2. soscared

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jan 21 2010 23:49:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations, Freakedoutandbroke. I envy you.

3. wchicago

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jan 21 2010 23:51:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Whoo Whoo FAOB Good for you!!

am very happy to hear its over for you! and i think living like a sane person is a good idea. like you said, in the worst case scenario -well, you'll do a lot of laundry
    Hooray for escaping the tyranny of the ziplock.
    AND double hooray for no more bites!
    I'm so happy for you!! <and just a wee bit jealous>

4. freakedoutandbroke

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jan 27 2010 9:04:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I spoke too soon. After unpacking all my ziplocks, they're back. (makes the hand sign for pointing gun at head and firing)

Breathing deep, trying to remain hopeful, and planning my next battle.

5. freakedoutandbroke

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jan 27 2010 9:05:45
    #

Login to Send PM

BTW, almost 100% sure now that the bugs came from USED furniture pads that Uhaul "generously" let us use for free. Didn't make the connection until talking to hubby a couple days ago.

6. tiredofbedbugs

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jan 27 2010 13:14:17
    #

Login to Send PM

augh!!! im so sorry they arent completely gone!
    I am crossing my fingers for you and for me and all of us still battling with them.

wchicago- any update on your experiment??? i am curious in hearing the results! and guess what- we have also decided to stop living out of plastic bags! well not all of them since the two dressers i need to still wash out and get some contact paper.

1 step at a time!

7. upagain

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jan 27 2010 14:18:40
    #

Login to Send PM

freakedoutandbroke - 5 hours ago  » 
    I spoke too soon. After unpacking all my ziplocks, they're back. (makes the hand sign for pointing gun at head and firing)
    Breathing deep, trying to remain hopeful, and planning my next battle.

I'm sorry to hear this. Did you find an actual bug? Could they be coming from neighbors (if you are attached)

8. freakedoutandbroke

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jan 27 2010 14:34:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Didn't find an actual bug, but multiple stains/blood spots on my pillow case after 2 days. I have no bleeding pimples or anything else to explain the spots.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982