Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Success Stories

"Declared Control!" from PCO -- on the way to success. (I hope.)

(4 posts)
  1. AbbeyRoad0982

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 21:59:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Today was the fifth or sixth treatment/inspection of my building (three apartments) by the PCO company that the landlord and management company have awesomely paid for. I know they have to, but I also know that sometimes management doesn't behave as required.

Got bit through July, started treatment at the beginning of August, haven't had a bite since mid-August, and haven't seen one in a month. They came from the neighbor, who still had two as of today -- I don't know if they were alive or dead. But the PCO wrote me a nice note saying "Declared Control!" (exclamation point his ) and stating that I can keep the climb-ups, which I'd asked about. I'm not ready to part with those yet.

Unless I find something (or feel something...*shudder*) the company won't be back to my apartment.

Lest anyone think I'm jumping the gun, I am NOT putting things back to normal until Halloween, which will be 60 days for me. But I'm very hopeful -- at the beginning of this, it seemed just insurmountable. It seems unfair to say that -- my friends and my boyfriend are great, and the landlord and PCO have been great, and I think it's much better to be fighting this while living alone than it would be to be trying to fight it while living with people who didn't believe it and wouldn't help. Still. When I first realized what the problem was, I pretty consciously thought "Oh, god. I will have them FOREVER."

And that was the beginning of August and this is the end of September. So, you know. I am prone to exaggeration and can be sort of dramatic.

Here's what has been used, if you're curious:

* Steam
    * DE Food Grade
    * Diligence with washing and bagging and vacuuming
    * Covers on futon and bed mattress, and bed isolation. I am sleeping on the futon, as it accommodates climb-ups, and the IKEA bedframe which seemed like a great idea at the time, and which can clearly NEVER be de-assembled, does not.

Did not shave the cat. Would never shave the cat. I only mention it because the topic came up in a few threads I saw and if, indeed, I'm still clear at the end of 60 days, I wish it to be known that this was seemingly conquered without cat shaving taking place. If you have shaved your cat, I don't want this to come across as a personal attack. It's just a personal choice sort of a thing. I cannot bring myself to shave the cat, like how I cannot bring myself to eat a chocolate bar with a piece of bacon in the middle. (That kind of thing happens in Portland.)

Rock on, everyone. I'm not a complete success story yet, but drastic improvements have been made, and maybe someone will be encouraged.

2. nwreader

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 0:28:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Great news! Would you mind sharing who your PCO was/is? I'm also in Portland and trying to get a sense of who knows what they're doing.

3. nwreader

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 23:38:57
    #

Login to Send PM

just bumping this up so maybe the OP sees it and replies.

4. AbbeyRoad0982

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jun 5 2012 12:14:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so sorry that I didn't see this until right now! I see that you posted quite a while ago and I hope it's gone well for you in the meantime.

Pioneer Pest Control. They are awesome in the way that they treat, and the way that they nicely answered my MANY questions about what to do.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982