(3 posts)
  1. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Mar 11 2017 13:53:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear John,

I am posting this reply here to answer the point you have raised without derailing the discussion. You said:

KillerQueen - 10 hours ago  » 
    ...... one individual who has more time on their hands then 12 entomologists combined.

I don't suppose you have realized why I appear to have so much time on my hands so now you have raised that concern I will enlighten you. From 2006 I have been growing a business, this has incorporated the following:

• Developing process based strategies to dealing with bed bugs.
    • Training others to deliver those services to my customers.
    • Developing product, training and support system for my commercial clients.
    • Developing global distribution of the products and methods that we have developed.

The clue is kind of in my title, founder and managing director. My job is to manage and direct the growth of the company and its systems not to necessarily be the one visiting clients. In fact I do my on site work via telemetrics (on site images and video) rather than attending site. I am as at the stage in my business where I have a strong residual income from my systems and process clients that I am not reliant on income from services or consumer level sales of product, I deal with the people who are supplying pallets to countries not one or two here and there.

While this strategy meant that I have in the past had to work very long hours with very little time off I am now at the stage where I can take things a lot easier. I can do the things I am passionate about like:

• Helping people through education
    • Helping people through development of tools and protocols so they can help themselves
    • Writing chapters for books and also writing new books, some of which I will be able to afford to make 100% free to read

Without having a solution that was efficient, efficacious, reliable and that meets my clients needs enough for them to renew year on year I would not be around as much. There is also the reality that I have also developed tools and resources that make it easier for me to monitor and respond to the various forums and information feeds I "hang out on".

Hopefully you can now understand that something that you see as a negative is actually proof of the success of the strategy that I first embarked upon in 2005. I did actually sit in your office one evening trying to explain this to you in its early days but I realized you were not listening before I was actually able to get a word in edgewise.

I have actually explained all the other points you raised in that post in previous replies so am not going to repeat myself again other than to say we worked out isolation was not the way forward in 2007 and came out with our own technology in 2009. The only reason why I do not support isolation is that we understood its impact and worked towards a better approach from the moment we realized it.

I have also said bed bugs can drop to avoid isolation, which is very different from where you are positioning your assumptions of what I have said, being that they always do. I could hazard a few hypothesis as to why this happens in some cases but I choice the simpler path of avoiding that from the get-go.

I sincerely hope that you take the time to take this on board.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  2. bedbugsbugme

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Mar 11 2017 23:01:28
    #

Login to Send PM

People will always have differing opinions and it's up to them to remain proffesional in the debate. I view you as a proffesional and look up to you and Lou as I learn every time I read yours and his literature. Thank you for always remaining patient and cool with the many questions me and others have asked in the past

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Mar 12 2017 8:03:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi bedbugsbugme,

Thanks. I am hoping things will be a lot clearer for people once Advances in the biology and management of the modern bed bug comes out. Certainly the chapter I have provided on bed bug management in the hospitality industry as it could only be accepted once a leading academic conducted a field research visit to confirm the claims that have been made by our clients.

In fact it was one of them that first said "OMG we resolved the problem with just the monitor and a vacuum cleaner without a guest complaint". This of course spurred me on to look at how that could be translated into TbyPMR and the slightly more advanced kit we have on our website.

I can also understand why such a disruptive technology can challenge the "status quo" and how some who could be doing this now are still upset they run around all day rather than take training calls via Skype and conference calling. Last year I actually made an ID post from the UNESCO world heritage site in South Africa called Gods Window (I may be online but that does not always mean I am at my desk (later today I am taking to the water and may be posting from a narrow boat on a canal)).

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,686 posts in 45,068 topics over 137 months by 19,788 of 20,523 members. Latest: Starsky30, Sayitaintso99, bid