Dead bugs in used furniture ID

(5 posts)
  1. nab123456

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Oct 2 2019 20:03:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I bought an antique dresser off AptDeco (a site that claims to inspect items before delivery) and I noticed strange debris/dead looking bugs in the drawers. I had them pick it up for further inspection, and I just got an email saying that they did confirm "dead bugs" and said it was "at risk for bed bugs." They are being dodgy and probably just covering themselves, so I want to know if the bugs were actually bed bugs. The item was in my apartment less than 10 minutes, and I immediately showered and washed my sheets in hot water, Lysol-ed and vacuumed the areas it touched. Am planning on getting mattress casing ASAP and one for all my roommates. I didn't see any movement—if there were bugs, they were dead. Am I still at risk? Would like to avoid the inspection/extermination rigamarole if possible but obviously want to be safe...it's been a week and a half and we haven't seen any/no bites.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Oct 2 2019 21:14:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Rather than attempt to answer this by guess I would suggest:

1 - always take a post a picture of samples for ID, we are not biased and will tell you what it is (assuming the image is clear enough to do so).

2 - read the FAQ on inspecting items and monitoring options to see what you should be doing.

Hope that makes sense.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. nab123456

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Oct 3 2019 12:04:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Here are the photos.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GpbiWrGJ1cwfMoSj8

Any help in ID is appreciated.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Oct 3 2019 16:28:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbug but not clear enough to confirm what it was. The spots are also not faecal.

David

5. nab123456

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Oct 3 2019 19:21:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much! What a relief

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,892 posts in 50,057 topics over 155 months by 21,882 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019